Sign in with
Your question

CM Hyper 212 Plus Installation

Last response: in Components
October 23, 2011 3:56:00 AM

Hello everyone, longtime reader, first time member. I am in the process of putting together a new system. It has been some 6 plus years since I delved into this territory. I got lazy and purchased. I know, shame on me! This is the first question in many that I might have. I am currently in the process of putting a Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo in to a CM Storm Scout case. The processor cooler that I chose is a CM Hyper 212. I looked at all the relative installation links I could find but I am still in the dark about a couple things.

1. My Hyper 212 came with the fan attached, no biggie I guess despite the other step by step procedure showed the fan being detached. Where my problem lies thus far is where in the heck do I use the 4 pieces of small rectangular rubber that came with the fan? Also, the bracket used on the bottom of the Mobo has to be reversed to properly accommodate the standoffs, and nuts to anchor them properly. There is an anti static coating on the arms of the plate with which to properly seat it against the bottom of the Mobo. However, if I am doing this wrong please let me know. No power has yet to be supplied to the mobo, and for that matter the processor has yet to be installed. I just wanted to get that plate in place properly before proceeding to the next steps.

I will be asking for help in getting the mobo properly connected to all of the case connections, but I will read, in detail as much as I can before proceeding. I used to think that the literature that came with the cases and mobo's of old were inadequate. I did not realize that it has actually gotten worse in terms of providing decent instructions to all.

Thanks for your help in advance.

More about : hyper 212 installation

October 23, 2011 4:06:49 AM

Here ya go. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sk9f21MmJA

great install guide on that cooler on youtube. The solid bracket goes underneath the mobo, and the swivel part goes in between the heat sink, and cpu. Let us know what else you need, lots of people willing to help on this forum.

m
l
October 23, 2011 5:48:10 PM

You use those pieces of rubber if you want to install another fan for a push pull configiration.
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2011 10:41:38 PM

Thanks for the replies! I finally found the correct video for my revision of the Hyper 212 Plus. Its seems the bracket configuration has changed at least 3 times since its release. Again, thanks for all your help. Now its time to fire this mother up. :bounce: 
m
l
October 24, 2011 12:43:34 AM

Hyper 212+ installation IS tricky. Had to watch the video twice.
m
l
!