case:haf 912
motherboard:asrock 970 extreme 3
cpu: amd fx-8150
gpu:sapphire 7850 OC
psu:CM GX 750w
heatsik:hyper 212 plus
HDD:seagate barracuda 2tb
ram:8gb(4X2) gskill sniper 1600
please help me my pc comes on but nothing will come up on the screen.it worked fine for 3 days then after installing a windows 7 update the following day it just quit on me.when i turn it on nothing comes on the screen.i plugged the speaker that came with the case into the motherboard and i heard no beeps when i turned it on.im scared that i need a new motherboard or even worse please anyone help me :(

if your mb has video port..try unplugging the gpu with the power off. (remving the video card from the system). see if the onboard video works..you should get some fans moving if the ps is working. if there not or there twitching..could be the ps or there a screw or somthing shorting the ps out. alos try using one stick of ram to see if one stick went bad. i would see if someone has an extra power supply. the brand you have is meh...

Yeah, I don't understand it either. It wouldn't have been ESD though, since it worked originally. If it was ESD, it just would never have worked. It wouldn't be a short either because of the same reason.

A Windows update shouldn't have killed it either, though. Just strange, but no POST beeps almost always means a dead mobo.

How new is it? I'm guessing that you just got it, so it should still be within the 30 day replacement period for most vendors. Even if it's past that, it's still has a manufacturers warranty. Just RMA it.

Just contact the vendor that you bought it from and get started that way. I'm honestly not exactly sure how it works because I've thankfully never had to RMA anything.

devilofdeaths

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

lucky but i guess i will see what i can do and if they wont take it i will get your suggested board

if you got it from new egg go into the sales of the mb there a bock to request an rma. if you got it on amazon contact the seller. if you go it from micro ceneter...just walk in with the box and mb and your sales sheet. they swap the mb right there. if not the mb vendor have under there support page a link to start the rma...most just need the serial number of the mb to start the rma. when the rma number is given you have to ship the dead board with the rma paperwork in the box and the rma number on the ups or shipping lable. (be care full putting the cpu cover back on so you dont bend any pins.)

Status
Not open for further replies.