Upgraded video drivers, now HDMI won't display. Please help.

badnewsbeers

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Hi everyone, thanks in advance. I am losing my mind. Just built my first system (i5 2500K, Gigagbyte UD3 mobo, 8 gigs dual channel ram) and everything has been great. I plugged it into my 46" HDTV via HDMI and again, everything great. I installed Vista (for now) and then began installing software. Everything worked until I updated my Catalyst drivers to the latest version. During the install, I lost my picture on the HDTV and have yet to regain it. I have the system working on my old LCD, but as soon as I plug in the HDMI cable neither screen displays anything. I have tried other HDMI cables and I have tried other ports on my TV. I am using a crappy Radeon HD 5550 temporarily, until I replace it. Any ideas what the problem could be?? Is my motherboard in trouble? Graphics cards shot? Am I just an idiot? Thank you very much.

badnewsbeers

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
I should add that originally the system would POST to the hdtv, but now it does nothing. My TV will say "connecting..." and then no signal. I am just praying that my new parts are not damaged.

badnewsbeers

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Sorry for all of the posts, but I will add again that I just reseated the card and it is now booting up properly. If this is fine then that is fantastic, but should I be worried about any of my parts having problems? If it's the card that is suspect that is fine, but if it's anything else (mobo) I'll have to RMA it.