I5 2500k vs amd x6 1100t?

pro-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

why not 1100t is 6core/8thread cpu while 2500k is 4core/4thread cpu
but 1100t is not much better in apps 2500k is very closer to it.

we1shcake

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
if budget is a major concern and you mainly run multithreaded apps go for the 1100t if its mainly gaming then you wont see much of a difference between a x4 955 and a 2500k, however if you can afford it get the 2500k as it is the best all around

What's your budget and what do you plan to run on this computer? A 1100T system can be had for a bit less than a 2500K system, but the impressive performance of the 2500K in most loads (particularly under 4 parallel threads) makes it hard to pass up.

pro-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
intel use latest nm "nanometer" like 32nm which help to make cores more faster and now intel releasing thier another cpu that is ivy bridge 22nm while amd still using 45nm so here amd 6 core beat by intel 4 core easily and oh,intel also produce quality product.

we1shcake

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

because each transistor is smaller, they can fit more in the same area, and cpu cost is from area of its die, therefore they can use more complex cores with more transistors which still fit in a similar size area. therefore we get faster chips for the same money

deceneu

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
the i5 is so much better that the amd cpu

and it doesnt matter HOW they do it, its not like you are a teck guy to udnerstand all that giberish, what matter, or what SHOULD matter is what is the best cpu for what you need to do witht he PC

As stated for Gaming, very little diff as game performance is MUCH more closely tied to the GPU.
Number of cores (over 4) only becomes an issue if you use specialized software - that can also be expensive. Performance per core, no contest - I5-2x00k.

It is not always about the CPU. You also have to pare it with a Motherboard and the chipsets used. Amd has been a little on the slow side in getting out optimized drivers for their chipsets Case in point is how long (if they have) a driver for SSDs that match Intel's iaSTor driver. Also AMD has not provided a good driver set for swithiching between ISP and a dedicated GPU when switching from 2D to 3D applications. 3rd party developers, be it hardware or software; If they have to choice which systen to optimize it for - It will be the intel system, pure and simple AMD only around 20% of market share, Intel over 70 %. In most cases they design for the intel and let the chip falls for AMD. Not really an INTEL fanboy, this just a fact of life.

If gaming go with the i5-2500k, if use specialized software and need the extra cores, the 2600k and for iether pare it with a Z68 MB.

If you can afford the 2500K, then go that route, It will be strong for the foreseeable future and will more than pay itself off for value/performance.

I don't like MSI as board manufacturer, the C43 is really low end though and won't OC that high, I think it is the GD65 and GD80 that are the better ones. I am using a Gigabyte P67A UD4 and that is a really good quality board.

Recommend looking at the Z68 line-up. For same configuration (ie # of USB2/3, # of Sata II/III and Pci-e slots) it is only about 10% higher. But this is offset by better chipsets, SRT support, and higher performance for working with video.

My choices for MB brand is Gigabyte, Asus and Asrock. Have no hartburn with these and choice would tend to be on price vs features required.