Need help getting analog sound to work on HDMI TV

Hi,

I have the following:

- Samsung LE32C530F1W 32" 1080p TV
- XFX GeForce 9600 GT

I have the graphics card connected to the TV with a DVI to HDMI cable.

Sound is not working on the TV. What I'm looking to do is run a standard analog audio cable from the back of the computer (motherboard audio output panel) to the TV. But I can't get it to work, which is very frustrating. I've tried endlessly with playing around with settings but to no avail. I'm using Windows 7 and have installed all of my motherboard's drivers and software (motherboard = Asus P8P67).

Please help. Is this possible?
2 answers Last reply
More about need analog sound work hdmi
  1. well to help sort things out, is the sound output from the motherboard working? plug a pair of headphones in it to find out. this will tell us if the problem is with the tv or the computer.
    my guess (guess) is that the dvi to hdmi cable is the source of the problem, and that the TV is trying to source audio from the hdmi connection (and there is none, because its a dvi output). do you happen to have a dvi to vga adapter? if you do, i would try to hook the card up to the tv's vga port and see if you still have the problem.

edit:
    read this:
    http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=51469&modelname=LN-T4671F&modelcode=
    try updating your graphics drivers. apparently its possible that your graphics card is outputting a false digital audio signal, which would cause the tv to disable the analog audio. i also think that using the VGA (or S-VIDEO) connection, as i suggested above, should work, if this is indeed the source of the problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt TV Motherboards HDMI Systems