Sign in with
Your question

Which psu should i buy?

Last response: in Components
October 23, 2011 3:16:47 PM

i am looking for a 700w-750w psu. there are simply many brands out there and i would like to know which psu i should get. i am looking for a low cost psu from a branded company. i mean low cost as in compared to other branded brands.

More about : psu buy

a b ) Power supply
October 23, 2011 3:18:24 PM

You want the best recommendation, then provide a link to your vender. Antec is often on sale at frys and newegg, but I don't know what brands you have to choose from.
m
l
October 23, 2011 3:20:48 PM

o1die said:
You want the best recommendation, then provide a link to your vender. Antec is often on sale at frys and newegg, but I don't know what brands you have to choose from.

i can choose from any brand, just shoot your suggestions haha :D 
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
October 23, 2011 3:45:09 PM

Antec and Ocz are both good quality and good value. Be patient and wait for a rebate or black friday. I used to buy a case or ps almost free after rebate at frys on black friday. Now they don't offer these deals every year. You want one today, then this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... if you aren't going to use a premium video card. Read the reviews carefully before getting the second one.
m
l
October 23, 2011 3:46:46 PM

i would go with ocz ive always bought from them and they haven't let me down so far.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 23, 2011 7:48:19 PM

Knowledge is power and learning is fun!

You can accurately determine what PSU power is required in watts and amps. on the 12v rail from the link below. It's straight forward and easy so no guessing is required. It will also show you how to determine which model PSUs are quality PSUs that can deliver the necessary power for your PC.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read...
m
l
October 23, 2011 10:54:49 PM

no one recommends cooler master?
m
l
a c 288 ) Power supply
October 23, 2011 10:58:24 PM

Nope, their eXtreme Power Plus series is eXtreme Crap, the GX series has major issues with ripple above 50% load, only their silent pro series is any good, but there are better options out the for the price. They discontinued most of their non-crap lines in the lower markets, and their more mainstream GX series is crap like the eXtreme Power Plus lineup. Cooler Master is not on my recommended list.
m
l
October 24, 2011 12:36:54 AM

hunter315 said:
Nope, their eXtreme Power Plus series is eXtreme Crap, the GX series has major issues with ripple above 50% load, only their silent pro series is any good, but there are better options out the for the price. They discontinued most of their non-crap lines in the lower markets, and their more mainstream GX series is crap like the eXtreme Power Plus lineup. Cooler Master is not on my recommended list.

are you saying it based on your experienced with cooler master? is it really that bad? just want to be sure haha. wanna make an informed decision b4 i buy a psu
m
l
a c 275 ) Power supply
October 24, 2011 1:14:08 AM

What's your max budget? cuz the XFXs i listed are very well priced and Seasonics too boot.
You won't find better at their pricepoint.
m
l
!