XxSwiftyxX

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hello there community, I am new to the forum but I am seeking more detailed information on my problem that those in searches can't seem to quench my question.

I have recently moved from province to another, I had decided it would be cheaper to bring my desktop computer parts with me on the plane. I had just got rid of my case which was the Rosewill challenger and bought a Zalman Z9 series case here in my current province. The problems have started with this case I don't know if it is the root of my problems or if they lie some where else.

My specs are:

I5-2500
8GB DDR3 1333mhz ram
HD Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB DDR5
Foxconn Z68AS motherboard
2 Hard drives

Now here is the issue, I had installed everything into the new case and I could not boot the computer, so I had noticed the light on the motherboard was not turning on, so I thought I had a dead motherboard or a dead Power supply so I had tested the motherboard with an older power supply and still the board would not light up. So I took a really old board and tested my power supply and it lit the board up and so did the older power supply. So I took my new motherboard out and put it on a wood board and tried to plug in the 24 pin and still nothing. So I decided I will order a new motherboard and I ordered the same brand and make and it is doing the same thing.

I tested all 3 boards and 2 power supplies and the two foxconn boards do not light up with neither of the power supplies. I have tried the paper clip trick with the 600 watt power supply (newer one) and it spins the small voltage fan. So I am wondering if maybe I have two dead boards from the same company or something else may be the problem.

I would appreciate your help thank you!

XxSwiftyxX

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
I couldn't see there being potential damage from any of the motherboards upon installation I have checked several times on both boards for any signs of visual damage to find nothing out of the ordinary. Although they could both be dead, I just find it weird as my first one was working fine in my previous case and now refuses to work at all. Then a second board not wanting to work. I don't know what would cause the board not to get power but it certainly be many things. Would a processor cause it not to get power?

Can u reset the BIOS?
Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
[flash=480,270]http://www.youtube.com/v/rdHH9KrceR0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]

XxSwiftyxX

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
I can try to reset the BIOS but why would I need to reset it on a motherboard that has never been used? Would it serve any purpose.

But here are three pictures of the inside of my power supply, I don't know too much of what to look for when it comes to the inside of a power supply. The white stuff? what is that some type of adhesive?

Also it could be possible for an upgrade to a newer power supply as I have been using it for 4 to 5 years without any problems. At one point I didn't realize I needed the 8 pins to power my Q6600 and the power supply could have been strained extremely at that point.

2012-07-20084851.jpg

2012-07-20084902.jpg

2012-07-20084914.jpg

XxSwiftyxX

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
I am uncertain if it is a type of corrosion although that would remain a guess for me, but I had did a little digging and figured that it might be something that is added to prevent the rattling of parts on the inside of the psu, but I will probably be purchasing another one, if that's the case it is a fairly old power supply and it just might not be providing the proper voltage.