Need help with choosing some components

Darkhollow

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hello to all.I have a certain problem that I need to attend to,before I go forward with the purchase of these components.

My current config that I wanna purchase is this:

Mobo: ASRock P67 Extreme 6 REV B3.

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz box.

GFX card: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Hawk 1GB DDR5 256-bit.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Dual channel kit.

Chasis: Cooler Master HAF 922 black.

Harddisk: SSD Intel 40GB SATA-II 320 series 2.5 inch

My problem is this.There are currently only 2 sites in Romania that I can order these products.I've been waiting for a discount for the past few months,but that didn't happen.Now the Extreme 6 mobo is removed from the list,but it is available on the other site and it has a higher price however.

I have browsed for some other mobos Asrock and I have found half price and promotion is this: ASRock P67 Pro3 rev. B3.I saw a few positive reviews on it.Is it good for my current setup? Will it be able to handle it?

Same problem with the HDD,it's not available currently on the site and on the other one there is a retail version and a normal version.What is the
difference?

I'm planning to get the SSD to install win7 on it and store some default programs and some saved games that are usually stored in "my documents" folder.Is it big enough?

My budget is between 800-1000euros.That depends how much I can borrow from a certain someone.The only thing that I want to keep is my old 120gb hdd which I have currently installed windows XP on it and my 500gb one where I store games and data.

Thank you in advance for the replies.

PS: I'm not a tech savvy so I don't need detailed explanations.

I can't answer to all your questions but i will say this HDD's will be in short supply and very expensive in the next little while.
WDC is underwater right now in Thailand right now,as well as their suppliers.
A 40GB SSD is too small for Win7 O/S.
A 60GB SSD is the smallest size recommended.
The HDD thing i'm referring to is mechanical hd not SSD btw.

Darkhollow

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

Will a SSD Intel 80GB SATA-II 320 series 2.5 inch suffice for cache-ing and installing OS /programs and some games saved files.

Btw,the specs that I wanna upgrade that I listed are mainly for gaming and nothing else.

Darkhollow

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I checked some forums and other opinions as well and I think I might be getting ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and a SSD OCZ Vertex 2 Series 60GB SATA-II 2.5 inch which is at around same price range,but has gotten very good reviews and I think 60gb might suffice.