PC Camera mode not functioning

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
March 18, 2005 5:57:08 AM

Hi,

I just got a Vivitar 3710 Digital camera. How do I use it as a web cam.
I plug the USB in it and it flashes back and forth from green to red and
then stays on red and
then I can only use it as a drive. The manual says for PC Camera mode it
will light green by pressing the
PC mode button, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 6:55:03 AM

js5895 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a Vivitar 3710 Digital camera. How do I use it as a web cam.
> I plug the USB in it and it flashes back and forth from green to red and
> then stays on red and
> then I can only use it as a drive. The manual says for PC Camera mode it
> will light green by pressing the
> PC mode button, but it doesn't work.
>
> Thanks.

Does the manual say what form of USB you need - 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0?

--
Ben
Anonymous

No, it just says I need a USB port.

"Ben Thomas" <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message
> js5895 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just got a Vivitar 3710 Digital camera. How do I use it as a web cam.
> > I plug the USB in it and it flashes back and forth from green to red and
> > then stays on red and
> > then I can only use it as a drive. The manual says for PC Camera mode it
> > will light green by pressing the
> > PC mode button, but it doesn't work.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Does the manual say what form of USB you need - 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0?
>
> --
> Ben
March 19, 2005 10:58:32 PM

js5895 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a Vivitar 3710 Digital camera. How do I use it as a web cam.
> I plug the USB in it and it flashes back and forth from green to red and
> then stays on red and
> then I can only use it as a drive. The manual says for PC Camera mode it
> will light green by pressing the
> PC mode button, but it doesn't work.
>
> Thanks.

This may sound like a stupid question but I got to ask, did you load the
driver?
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 12:03:56 AM

Sorry for taking so long but, your last post didn't show up in outlook,
so I had to use google.
It said for windows 2000 it didn't need drivers and it loaded
automatically when I plugged it in.
!