A soundcard without hiss

zimfid

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hello,
Can a external usb hub fix my sound cards (Sound Blaster 5.1 x-Fi Pro) constant hissing problem.

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Almost certainly not. USB is digital interface, so it should be immune to interference.

It's probably an issue with bad signal to noise on the card. The best way to fix this is to make sure the volume on the card (but not the speakers) is all the way up.

If it's already 100% try turning off the line in. If that doesn't work you can try new cables. After that, get a new sound card.

zimfid

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I already tried most of the stuff you said, even the new cord.

It seems any way it goes I will have to end up returning the card because there is no way to fix it other fixing it completely. And that is something I don't want to do as I would void the warranty

So I would say this will be the end my relationship with creative completely... Thanks for you help MagicPants ;)

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
You're welcome. Oddly enough, I think I'm Creative's only satisfied customer. My X-fi titanium is great. Sorry about the card. You know, I've always had good luck with Turtle Beach, though I've only tried their full sized cards.