Sign in with
Your question

Motherboards keep dying

Last response: in CPUs
October 24, 2011 5:11:09 AM

I have a MSK K9N6PGM2-v2 (euro) with Phenom X4 9750 and a PNY GTS450 video. This system has resulted in 3 dead motherboards...after the second time a larger case and upgrade of the powersuppoly from 450 to 500...
Runs for 3 days, then bam...motherboard is dead...even the PS wont engage on this board dead, untiI transplant all components to a new board then everything runs fine for a few days....Then the new motherboard dies again .

What could be taking out the motherboard?

JM

More about : motherboards dying

a c 127 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2011 5:16:15 AM

It could be either your powersupply or you could have very bad electricity running into your home.

I doubt it would be the CPU or GPU causing it to "die". What brand PSU are you using?
m
l
October 24, 2011 5:18:20 AM

Have you checked the power leading to your house? if it is dirty or not. if it is dirty it can effect your computer, but this only usually effect's laptop's, have you checked all connection, if anything on your case is short circuiting (USB ports, cables, graphics cards, pci cards)
m
l
Related resources
October 24, 2011 5:20:40 AM

I bought 2 new power supplys one from egg 450- FSP ...and other a local shop where I also bought the MSI board.

The PNY video from the egg is a recertified one..and runs in my old AM2+ M2n-MX-SEPlus just fine.
m
l
October 24, 2011 5:23:33 AM

My PSUs area FSP450-60Ghs(85) 80+ bronze certified and the locally purchases PSU is a ZuMAX ZU-500W
m
l
October 24, 2011 5:27:06 AM

Im not on any ups or powere conditioner, and all other laptops have been working good. Could my msi board is more sensitive to dirty power? Could the recertified PNY GTS450 video card be at fault ?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2011 6:26:20 AM

jmatchet said:
Im not on any ups or powere conditioner, and all other laptops have been working good. Could my msi board is more sensitive to dirty power? Could the recertified PNY GTS450 video card be at fault ?

I would start by trying to determine what was the cause of the failure in the board. Especially since 3 have now gone down in flames.

Are you overclocking?
m
l
October 24, 2011 6:37:13 AM

FALC0N said:
I would start by trying to determine what was the cause of the failure in the board. Especially since 3 have now gone down in flames.

Are you overclocking?

no overclocking at all
m
l
November 3, 2011 1:18:36 AM

my motherboard reseller has now ordered me another board... :( 
m
l
a c 127 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 3, 2011 1:42:23 AM

jmatchet said:

I doubt its the GPU. Recertified means it has been tested and works.

The only was to tell though is by trying a different "new" GPU but still doubt it as a GPU begin bad normally causes a no post more than killing a mobo.
m
l
!