Nintendo DS

It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?

and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?
11 answers Last reply
More about nintendo

    SmartAss wrote:
    > It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?
    >
    > and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?

    It's pretty smart, wait for the autumn though for the really juicy stuff
    though.

    SmartAss wrote:
    > It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?

    I find it incredibly fun to play, I often wonder why no-one thought to
    do it before now...
    My g/f, son (3), friends, and their kids enjoy it too. Fair enough my
    son only plays on pictochat drawing little drawings, but fun is fun.

    > and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?

    No, it does not. You'll need a GameBoy(Color/Advance/SP) to play those
    (Nintendo's official line is that the DS is *not* a GameBoy)

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 SmartAss <smartass@comic.com> wrote:
    > It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?

    yeah. It's good for a laugh!

    > and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?

    nope. Only DS and GBA.

    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    Why is a mushroom called mushroom? As usual, "SmartAss"
    <smartass@comic.com> got it all completely wrong and wrote:

    >It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?
    >
    >and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?

    The DS play GBA games, but not GB and GBC games IIRC.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > No, it does not. You'll need a GameBoy(Color/Advance/SP) to play those
    > (Nintendo's official line is that the DS is *not* a GameBoy)

    You are incorrect, it DEFINATELY plays GBA games, just not original GB or
    GBC games.

    Gary.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 15:09:51 +0100, "G" <G@G.com> wrote:

    >> No, it does not. You'll need a GameBoy(Color/Advance/SP) to play those
    >> (Nintendo's official line is that the DS is *not* a GameBoy)
    >
    >You are incorrect, it DEFINATELY plays GBA games, just not original GB or
    >GBC games.

    You quoted out of context. The question was if it plays original GB
    and GBC games, which DS does nOT play.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    G wrote:
    >>No, it does not. You'll need a GameBoy(Color/Advance/SP) to play those
    >>(Nintendo's official line is that the DS is *not* a GameBoy)
    >

    > You are incorrect, it DEFINATELY plays GBA games, just not original GB or
    > GBC games.
    >
    > Gary.

    The question was "Does NDS play GB and GBC games?", to which the answer
    is "No" - unless you want to get messy and use emulators & flash cards,
    which (by the tone of the how the question was asked) I guess the user
    does not want to go into.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    thanks
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    SmartAss wrote:
    > It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?
    >
    > and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?

    I think it's pretty innovative, but there aren't too many/any good games
    for it right now. But it's great for playing GBA games because the
    screen is so much brighter than even the SP.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?
    Yes, atleast IMHO.

    > and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?
    Not directly, only GBA carts fit. However, you can get a GBA Flash Cart and
    use
    one of various emulators and ROM images to play most GB (non-color) games
    and some GBC games (the ones that had dual-mode to play on the B&W Gameboys
    and also the Color GBoys). That's what I did and have a flash cart with
    about 20 or so GB Roms and about 10 NES ones also.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    SmartAss wrote:
    > It nintendo DS so good as people say it is?
    >
    > and one more question. Does NDS play GB and GBC games?

    Which people?

    My son loves that Warrio game with the stylus. He likes it even better
    since we got rid of that tiny stylus and I gave him a stylus from my
    iPAQ instead...

Console Gaming Gameboy Games Nintendo Video Games