Msi netbook wireless problem

tom_03

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Hello,
our new netbook says no connectivity or limited connectivity after being connected to our wireless bt homehub

go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the words 'IP Address" -- usually something like 192.168.0.50 or 192.168.1.50. Type exit to close the black form.

What is the IP address

tom_03

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Thank you for the reply,I had previously spoke to the technician over the problem and I spoke to another one this morning and after trying lots of things they both concluded the netbook had a faulty LAN card [I think that was the card he said] so I have to take it back on Tuesday for a replacement,they did query the internet connection but it is okay as I have my main computer wireless and it works perfect,the new one is mainly for my wife so that she can use it to keep in touch when she is abroad but that poses another question, when we get one working will it automatically pick up a new wifi signal in the hotels or will it cause a problem for her as she is not computer literate and finds any technical things a problem,cheers.Tom_03