Full Version Balder's Gate 1 free in PC Gamer

This month's PC Gamer magazine (October issue) has included a DVD with the
original Balder's Gate. It is the full version and absolutely free (well,
the magazine of course costs). I picked it up at Walmart for $8.00 today.
Make sure you read the readmen file for special installation instructions.

Very disappointing! Just got my Oct. issue, and there is no mention of
BG1 on the CD documentation or in the magazine. There is a file on the
CD (if you use Windows Explorer) Software>Demos>BaldursGate, with one
install.RTF file that has one word: "test." How come your magazine was
better than mine?

John Kimantas <jkimantas@shaw.ca> wrote in

> Very disappointing! Just got my Oct. issue, and there is no mention of
> BG1 on the CD documentation or in the magazine. There is a file on the
> CD (if you use Windows Explorer) Software>Demos>BaldursGate, with one
> install.RTF file that has one word: "test." How come your magazine was
> better than mine?
>

> Cold War Relic wrote:
>
>>This month's PC Gamer magazine (October issue) has included a DVD with
>>the original Balder's Gate. It is the full version and absolutely free
>>(well, the magazine of course costs). I picked it up at Walmart for
>>$8.00 today. Make sure you read the readmen file for special
>>installation instructions.

I don't know why there was a difference but the issue I purchased had a
DVD included, not the usual CD. All of the references in the magazine
however was to what is on the CD, not DVD. Perhaps they issued two
seperate October issues.

ME

John Kimantas <jkimantas@shaw.ca> wrote in

> Cold War Relic wrote:
>
>>This month's PC Gamer magazine (October issue) has included
>>a DVD with the original Balder's Gate. It is the full
>>version and absolutely free (well, the magazine of course
>>costs). I picked it up at Walmart for $8.00 today. Make
>>sure you read the readmen file for special installation
>>instructions.
>>

> Very disappointing! Just got my Oct. issue, and there is no
> mention of BG1 on the CD documentation or in the magazine.
> There is a file on the CD (if you use Windows Explorer)
> Software>Demos>BaldursGate, with one install.RTF file that
> has one word: "test." How come your magazine was better
> than mine?

FWIW, a quote from elsewhere. "across the pond" is in ref. to
UK. "here" is in ref. to US.
< quot >
It is very important to note that the PC Gamer across the pond
is in absolutely no way affiliated with the PC Gamer here. They
are entirely different magazines by entirely different people.
This has caused confusion before, and every once and a while I
remember that PC Gamer editors would make some statements to
that effect.
< /quot >

--
Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom