Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Which motherboards have wireless internet built in if any?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 20, 2012 10:38:30 PM

I am confused where wireless is on a motherboard and if they even have something
that makes them wireless. I have a wireless router and need for my new build to connect to it.
to it. Any help much is appreciated. :) 

Best solution

July 20, 2012 10:48:32 PM

You can buy inexpensive (or expensive) wireless pci cards for the computer that only take a few minutes to install, or you can buy wireless usb adapters that plug into the usb ports on the outside of the computer. If you really want a new motherboard, I recall seeing some Intel brand boards with included wireless. I personally have been using the inexpensive Sabrent wireless pci cards from tigerdirect.com for the past four years without a problem (several in different computers). Link below to the ones I prefer:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
Related resources
July 20, 2012 10:59:54 PM

Looniam: i believe so, as long as i can connect to a router wirelessly, which intern can connect to the internet, and can connect to a motherboard, we are on the right track.
Score
July 20, 2012 11:00:51 PM

Where would i put such a PCI card in the motherboard?
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 137 V Motherboard
July 20, 2012 11:11:12 PM

Multisupermono said:
Where would i put such a PCI card in the motherboard?

In an unused PCI expansion slot, but you don't even need to get one. A USB wireless adapter would do just as well.
Score
July 21, 2012 3:15:32 AM

DJDeCiBeL: Yeah, in fact i'm using one right now. But it's not very good and can be broken easily, so i think i'll get a PCI card.
Score
July 21, 2012 4:48:56 PM

Best answer selected by Multisupermono.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
July 25, 2012 11:32:27 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!