Closed Solved

Which motherboards have wireless internet built in if any?

I am confused where wireless is on a motherboard and if they even have something
that makes them wireless. I have a wireless router and need for my new build to connect to it.
to it. Any help much is appreciated. :)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which motherboards wireless internet built
  1. Best answer
    You can buy inexpensive (or expensive) wireless pci cards for the computer that only take a few minutes to install, or you can buy wireless usb adapters that plug into the usb ports on the outside of the computer. If you really want a new motherboard, I recall seeing some Intel brand boards with included wireless. I personally have been using the inexpensive Sabrent wireless pci cards from tigerdirect.com for the past four years without a problem (several in different computers). Link below to the ones I prefer:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3246388&CatId=2688
  2. you mean like:
    P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Wi-Fi GO

usually those options are in the higher end boards that cost much more. a add in card is also an option.
    300Mbps Lan 802.11 n/g/b Wireless Wifi Network PCI Card

am i understanding what you are asking?
  3. Looniam: i believe so, as long as i can connect to a router wirelessly, which intern can connect to the internet, and can connect to a motherboard, we are on the right track.
  4. Where would i put such a PCI card in the motherboard?
  5. Multisupermono said:
    Where would i put such a PCI card in the motherboard?

In an unused PCI expansion slot, but you don't even need to get one. A USB wireless adapter would do just as well.
  6. DJDeCiBeL: Yeah, in fact i'm using one right now. But it's not very good and can be broken easily, so i think i'll get a PCI card.
  7. Best answer selected by Multisupermono.
  8. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Wireless Motherboards Wireless Internet