B&H photo: camera paid, but not received

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 18, 2005 1:30:10 AM

Hi everybody! I am resident in Brasil. I purchased a camera from B&H
recently (order number 1002955482, total purchase ca. 2500 USD), via
internet. My account was debited on 1/12/2005. But until today
(3/18/2005), I have not received the camera. The promised delivery time
(international shipping to Brasil) was 20-30 days. I have been waiting
66 days now. It is VERY difficult to get information from B&H customer
service about the shipment (toll free number from Brasil: 0800-8910316
option 1 or 7), it took me several hours on the phone last week before
I got some info.

Does anybody know other Brasilians with similar problems? Did they ever
receive the goods purchased? Or did they get their money back? I asked
B&H to give my money back, but they said they need the equipment back
first. But obviously, I can't send the equipment back, because I never
received it.

Is there any organization in the U.S.A. that can help me? Can I sue B&H
for damages? I am not a US resident.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:43:10 AM

hredies@hotmail.com <hredies@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody! I am resident in Brasil. I purchased a camera from B&H
> recently (order number 1002955482, total purchase ca. 2500 USD), via
> internet. My account was debited on 1/12/2005. But until today
> (3/18/2005), I have not received the camera. The promised delivery time
> (international shipping to Brasil) was 20-30 days. I have been waiting
> 66 days now. It is VERY difficult to get information from B&H customer
> service about the shipment (toll free number from Brasil: 0800-8910316
> option 1 or 7), it took me several hours on the phone last week before
> I got some info.
>
> Does anybody know other Brasilians with similar problems? Did they ever
> receive the goods purchased? Or did they get their money back? I asked
> B&H to give my money back, but they said they need the equipment back
> first. But obviously, I can't send the equipment back, because I never
> received it.
>
> Is there any organization in the U.S.A. that can help me? Can I sue B&H
> for damages? I am not a US resident.

There was a fire at B&H recently. You might call them and ask if your
order has been delayed because of the fire.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:17:39 AM

"Paul Mitchum" <usenet@mile23.c0m> wrote in message
> hredies@hotmail.com <hredies@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> There was a fire at B&H recently. You might call them and ask if your
> order has been delayed because of the fire.

No, there was not a fire 'at' B&H. There was a fire at a local warehouse,
in which B&H may or may not have been storing product - even that much was
never very clear.

Mark
March 18, 2005 9:37:15 AM

hredies@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi everybody! I am resident in Brasil. I purchased a camera from B&H
> recently (order number 1002955482, total purchase ca. 2500 USD), via
> internet. My account was debited on 1/12/2005. But until today
> (3/18/2005), I have not received the camera. The promised delivery time
> (international shipping to Brasil) was 20-30 days. I have been waiting
> 66 days now. It is VERY difficult to get information from B&H customer
> service about the shipment (toll free number from Brasil: 0800-8910316
> option 1 or 7), it took me several hours on the phone last week before
> I got some info.
>
> Does anybody know other Brasilians with similar problems? Did they ever
> receive the goods purchased? Or did they get their money back? I asked
> B&H to give my money back, but they said they need the equipment back
> first. But obviously, I can't send the equipment back, because I never
> received it.
>
> Is there any organization in the U.S.A. that can help me? Can I sue B&H
> for damages? I am not a US resident.

Hi,
No tracking number? Who was your sales rep? Got the name? I am in Canada
and B&H was always good on service. Never had any trouble. Mayve it got
stuck some where at your end(customs, courier outfit or post office)
Hope you get it soon.
Tony
Tony
March 18, 2005 10:58:25 AM

In article <HaWdnS_hnaxkJaffRVn-3w@comcast.com>, mbohntrash54@comcast.net
says...

> "Paul Mitchum" <usenet@mile23.c0m> wrote in message
> > hredies@hotmail.com <hredies@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > There was a fire at B&H recently. You might call them and ask if your
> > order has been delayed because of the fire.
>
> No, there was not a fire 'at' B&H. There was a fire at a local warehouse,
> in which B&H may or may not have been storing product - even that much was
> never very clear.
>
> Mark

If B&H said they shipped the unit, then they shipped the unit.

Try to get a tracking number.

B&H has a terrific reputation, and Im sure they didn't "spin the dial" and
come up with your name and decide they would destroy their reputation,
starting with you.

If the unit is late to arrive, I can almost guarantee that it is a
"shippers" problem, not a problem with B&H.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

"hredies@hotmail.com" <hredies@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody! I am resident in Brasil. I purchased a camera from B&H
>recently (order number 1002955482, total purchase ca. 2500 USD), via
>internet. My account was debited on 1/12/2005. But until today
>(3/18/2005), I have not received the camera. The promised delivery time
>(international shipping to Brasil) was 20-30 days. I have been waiting
>66 days now. It is VERY difficult to get information from B&H customer
>service about the shipment (toll free number from Brasil: 0800-8910316
>option 1 or 7), it took me several hours on the phone last week before
>I got some info.
>
>Does anybody know other Brasilians with similar problems? Did they ever
>receive the goods purchased? Or did they get their money back? I asked
>B&H to give my money back, but they said they need the equipment back
>first. But obviously, I can't send the equipment back, because I never
>received it.

They may think you are trying to scam them. It happens.

Ask for someone that understands the international shipping process
and ask this person to help you unravel the chain of custody. Most
shippers will not talk to the reciepient, only the shipper which is
their customer.

Explain that you need B&H's help. It is 66+ days so something has
happened to the shipment. B&H shipped it out via someone who has
records since they want to show that they properly handed off to
whatever entity that was the next chain in getting it to you.

I'd likely stress to B&H that you understand that B&H has a good
reputation and this is one of those times where a shipment has gone
bad and it in necessary to provide customer support in tracking this
down.

I sure hope you get your camera. I'd be hearbroken on a 500 dollar
one missing if I was on the hook for it.

Wes