Sign in with
Your question

Leadtek TV tuner problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 20, 2011 10:24:32 PM

Hey everyone a couple of months ago i bought a new computer, new everything.

Phenom ii x4 840, gigabyte hd 6870, 4 gig ram, asrock 880-gm-le (mini board), neo eco psu 520 w

and as of yesterday this product http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=2

so i installed it and the first thing i noticed was how extremely close it was to my GPU, simply because my GPU is huge. However everything works fine, but when i choose to enable hardware acceleration, after about 5 minutes my PC will reboot. I have checked the temps of the card and they stay below 40 despite rising somewhat with hardware acceleration on.

Could this be PSU problem? I thought i had a well decent PSU for my requirements. Could it be the GPU and tuner card are physically touching causing problems? (i doubt it because it runs without a hitch without hardware acceleration). Or could it be something else like my new 6870?

Lastly, i do notice an increase in quality when enabling hardware acceleration, so it would be great to get some assistance. thanks

More about : leadtek tuner problem

May 21, 2011 5:40:15 AM

If temps are ok it could very well be PSU problems.

Antec Neo Eco is a prerry cheap psu and 520w is a little on the low side even for a good psu.

If you have any unneeded devices (hdd's etc) unplug them and see what happens.
Everyone will tell you 520w is enough, and yes it is. But a 520w PSU produce 520w of constant power.

If it is your PSU, id suggest a good brand and ~750w. After i moved up from 650w, I could drop my oc voltage. My psu runs cooler, quieter and will last far longer.
May 21, 2011 8:42:33 AM

ok thanks man, it could very well of been my psu because it was the first thing i suspected as well, however, since trying today, i have had no such problem with hardware acceleration being enabled so will wait it out a bit
Related resources
May 21, 2011 8:35:07 PM

I highly doubt that your Seasonic made Antec Neo ECO 520 is the problem.

The Antec Neo ECO 520 should be capable of providing its labeled 40 Amps on its single +12 Volt rail.

The Radeon HD 6870 has a maximum board power of 151 Watts under full GPU load. This means that it will draw up to 12.6 Amps from the +12 Volt rail.

A TV tuner card draws little power.

Your power supply unit is more than capable of powering your system.
May 23, 2011 5:20:27 AM

so whocrashed suggests a software problem

"On Sat 5/21/2011 4:45:29 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini052111-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: iswkl.sys (ISWKL+0x36AE)
Bugcheck code: 0x3 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: INVALID_AFFINITY_SET
file path: C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ISWKL.sys
product: ZoneAlarm Browser Security
company: Check Point Software Technologies
description: ZoneAlarm Browser Security
Bug check description: This bug check appears very infrequently.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: iswkl.sys (ZoneAlarm Browser Security, Check Point Software Technologies).
Google query: iswkl.sys Check Point Software Technologies INVALID_AFFINITY_SET

On Tue 4/12/2011 9:06:28 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041211-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ati2dvag.dll (ati2dvag+0x33165)
Bugcheck code: 0xEA (0xFFFFFFFF8966CDA8, 0xFFFFFFFF89966F60, 0xFFFFFFFF89806A50, 0x1)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2dvag.dll
product: ATI Radeon WindowsNT Display Driver
company: ATI Technologies Inc.
description: ATI Radeon WindowsNT Display Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ati2dvag.dll (ATI Radeon WindowsNT Display Driver, ATI Technologies Inc.).
Google query: ati2dvag.dll ATI Technologies Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ati2dvag.dll (ATI Radeon WindowsNT Display Driver, ATI Technologies Inc.)

iswkl.sys (ZoneAlarm Browser Security, Check Point Software Technologies)"

So firstly, why is my computer using a windows NT driver? Is that the problem right there?

Secondly, this person is experiencing exactly what i am experiencing however my pc will hang and then restart every time.

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/f142/a7m266-ati2dvag-dll-...

It definitely appears to be a conflicting driver problem
!