Sign in with
Your question

Random freezing of cursor and keyboard Please Help

Last response: in CPUs
October 24, 2011 7:53:09 PM

Hi, I just had a new computer built by Microcenter. I am noticing random but frequent freezing of my cursor and keyboard when typing.

When typing, word sometimes won't show up sometimes for a few seconds. When moving the mouse, the cursor will pause and not move even though I'm moving the mouse. This happens quite often and it's frustrating.

My PC is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have Crucial M4 128GB Solid State Drive, His Radeon 6950 Video Card. Three 3TB Hitachi 7200 RPM Drives. Intel 2600k, Asus P8z68 Deluxe Motherboard. Corsair Vengeance 16gb Memory. OCZ 850W Power supply

There's this message in Action center saying: Address a problem with Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device, Your hard disk controller has stopped working properly because a compatible driver isn't available for this version of Windows.

Could this be why I'm getting the frequent freezing of the cursor and delayed typing? What do you think is causing this freezing?

Update: My computer shutdown by itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated
October 25, 2011 3:10:10 AM

Thanks. What are the steps to installing the drivers? Do I just download and install them?

It says 32 files found, which link do I click on?
m
l
!