Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaton

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Hello,I was just wondering what you guys think its better to get a 1155 socket motherboard with a i7 for now, which will support ivy bridge coming out in march next year or get LGA 2011? I will be upgrading my pc soon and don't want to be like aww i spent quit a bit of cash and dam something good was right around the corner.

Solution
are you sure you need lga 2011?
it will be $500 chips with $300 mobos at least. with quad channel RAM. and lot os sata 6 ports, with probably pcie3.0.
sounds sexy, but it wont be practicslly usable.
get similar performance with a SB and OC it.

i am 99.99% sure you wont need SB-E.
just buy a z68 mobo and you will most probably be able to upgrade your cpu to IB.

popatim

Titan
^^ what he said but sometimes that something 'just around the corner' turns out to not worth waiting for. If what you have now is doing the job then feel free to wait. That money won't actually burn a hole in your pocket, it just feels like it :p

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
are you sure you need lga 2011?
it will be $500 chips with $300 mobos at least. with quad channel RAM. and lot os sata 6 ports, with probably pcie3.0.
sounds sexy, but it wont be practicslly usable.
get similar performance with a SB and OC it.

i am 99.99% sure you wont need SB-E.
just buy a z68 mobo and you will most probably be able to upgrade your cpu to IB.

Solution

Chaton

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Yea I was reading that the lga 2011 stuff would be more useful for servers i think, so i think I'm gonna gonna get a z68 and oc the I7 till IB comes out :) thx for your suggestions guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.