Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

His ati radeon hd 4670 no screen display black out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 21, 2011 2:14:09 AM

Hello,
bought a second hand HIS ATI RADEON 4670 1gig agp, we test it first and works fine also in my pc, then after 1 week used the video card shows no response to my monitor totally blank screen so i had to check its fan and see if it's still running and yes its still running..
I turn off the pc and remove the card and cleaned it up also i checked the cables or connection if its still intact then i tried it again still got no response from the vcard..
In order to check if its really the video card problem i tried to used again my old video card the Galaxy Fx5500 256 video card and it works fine last thing also i tried the HIS video card to other pc and same thing shows no response.. Please help me pls pls pls...... what will i do??

my computer specs:
intel 3.2ghz
3gig memory
mboard: p4u800-x
120 gig hd
500watts psu sonic gear (generic)
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2011 3:20:23 AM

Did you use the same cable when you connected the other pc to test
If you know that monitor cable is ok then I am sorry
I have to think the card is bad

The only other thing is did you try reinstalling the latest drivers from online?
There is an AGP hotfix for the HD4670 that is supposed to help
this is the link for download
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPH...

I dont know if that will help

Honestly I think the card is dead
I wish you the best of luck
I hope some of the Toms members who know more than me (there are plenty :)  )
will come up with a better answer
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2011 4:19:07 AM

I would reinstall the drivers, but the card sounds dead. Also, what PSU do you have? It could be bad. Since it ran a week, I would think it's the card. Hopefully that hotfix works. I truly think your card is dead, but maybe not. Also, do you mess around in the BIOS? Make sure your iGP is off.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 21, 2011 5:21:06 AM

king smp said:
Did you use the same cable when you connected the other pc to test
If you know that monitor cable is ok then I am sorry
I have to think the card is bad

The only other thing is did you try reinstalling the latest drivers from online?
There is an AGP hotfix for the HD4670 that is supposed to help
this is the link for download
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPH...

I dont know if that will help

Honestly I think the card is dead
I wish you the best of luck
I hope some of the Toms members who know more than me (there are plenty :)  )
will come up with a better answer


thank you so much for the response i will try to download and install the hotfix hope it will work god help me, I used other cables (VGA) to connect to other pc still no luck =(. 1 option for me is the connection of HDMI or DVI other alternative video connection on the vcard i guess for me to know that maybe the vga on the videocard is the problem i hope..=(
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2011 5:29:41 AM

could be the vga channel broke and one of the other channels work
I really hope so
I feel your pain :) 
m
0
l
May 21, 2011 5:30:07 AM

HostileDonut said:
I would reinstall the drivers, but the card sounds dead. Also, what PSU do you have? It could be bad. Since it ran a week, I would think it's the card. Hopefully that hotfix works. I truly think your card is dead, but maybe not. Also, do you mess around in the BIOS? Make sure your iGP is off.


thanks for the response.. my psu is 500 watts 20am on 12v. before the card goes totally black out the card indicates says that please connect the power supply on the card something like that then the bad thing happen. =(
m
0
l
May 21, 2011 5:34:43 AM

king smp said:
could be the vga channel broke and one of the other channels work
I really hope so
I feel your pain :) 


i hope that's the main problem.. thank you.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2011 6:03:27 AM

clockslave84 said:
thanks for the response.. my psu is 500 watts 20am on 12v. before the card goes totally black out the card indicates says that please connect the power supply on the card something like that then the bad thing happen. =(

It might have shorted out due to lack of power. It requires 18A on the 12v. If your PSU is old, the power could have degraded. I am leaning towards that now.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2011 6:14:42 AM

the 4670 is a very low powered card
I have a hd 4650 which is similar
and it only draws about 61 watts at MAX load
doesnt even need an external power connector usually on the HD4670
though double check
that could be why card doesn work though I doubt it

could be your PSU though
if you can beg or borrow one to try in the tower
that would be great
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 21, 2011 6:16:09 AM

Yeah, that is a great idea!
m
0
l
May 21, 2011 8:10:31 AM

king smp said:
the 4670 is a very low powered card
I have a hd 4650 which is similar
and it only draws about 61 watts at MAX load
doesnt even need an external power connector usually on the HD4670
though double check
that could be why card doesn work though I doubt it

could be your PSU though
if you can beg or borrow one to try in the tower
that would be great


yes ask also my friend lately he told me that even without plugging the psu power connector on the video card there should be a indicator on the screen that say you must connect the power supply or something on the video card, i already tried it still no luck. =(
m
0
l
May 21, 2011 8:11:48 AM

king smp said:
the 4670 is a very low powered card
I have a hd 4650 which is similar
and it only draws about 61 watts at MAX load
doesnt even need an external power connector usually on the HD4670
though double check
that could be why card doesn work though I doubt it

could be your PSU though
if you can beg or borrow one to try in the tower
that would be great



yes thanks i ask also my friend lately he told me that even without plugging the psu power connector on the video card there should be a indicator on the screen that say you must connect the power supply or something on the video card, i already tried it still no luck. =(
m
0
l
May 21, 2011 8:25:14 AM

king smp said:
the 4670 is a very low powered card
I have a hd 4650 which is similar
and it only draws about 61 watts at MAX load
doesnt even need an external power connector usually on the HD4670
though double check
that could be why card doesn work though I doubt it

could be your PSU though
if you can beg or borrow one to try in the tower
that would be great


but im still considering the psu though, ill try to look or barrow original psu to test it.. id like to try all possible means for me to know the answer i really appreciate the help guys.. im learning now..
m
0
l
!