USB to PCMCIA Converter

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 21, 2005 2:50:24 PM

I subscribed to Verizon's Wireless service (they provided a PCMCIA
card). My laptop has a PCMCIA slot and it works great. However, I
would prefer to have it on my Dell Desktop (which doesn't have a PCMCIA
slot). Does anyone (there are some old discussion on this) know of a
vendor that make a "USB to PCMCIA" device? Any recommendations would
be appreciated.

Thanks for everyone's time.

More about : usb pcmcia converter

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 21, 2005 11:34:45 PM

On 21 Jul 2005 10:50:24 -0700, vpnavy@gmail.com wrote:

>I subscribed to Verizon's Wireless service (they provided a PCMCIA
>card). My laptop has a PCMCIA slot and it works great. However, I
>would prefer to have it on my Dell Desktop (which doesn't have a PCMCIA
>slot). Does anyone (there are some old discussion on this) know of a
>vendor that make a "USB to PCMCIA" device? Any recommendations would
>be appreciated.

I haven't seen what you look for (although I haven't looked for one
either). I have seen a desktop PCMCIA adapter that would plug into
your PC and use and exposed 3.5 inch drive bay to expose the card
slot. I don't know if it would work for your card, but it worked
well for the Compact Flash adapter I got it with when I got my first
digital camera.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 22, 2005 5:10:57 AM

Thanks. I'll look around for one.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 22, 2005 3:50:47 PM

FYI - I just got off the phone with Dell and they are shipping me one.
Thanks!
!