Powerline adapters

dragon5677

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Do powerline adapters built for use in the USA work in India?
I have a multi socket built into my wall in India and probably supports the USA type connection.

Solution
G
Don't do it.

I've tried two brands of powerline adapter without much joy.

The first would apparently only connect sporadically ran very slowly and produced interference on audio equipment.

The second (Netgear) would not work in a twin socket with anything else plugged into the socket (even when tested in the same room). So, really, quite pointless as I'd have ended up with a long ethernet cable between the adapter and the computer which I'd been forced to plug into a socket on the other side of the room

This technology is convenient where and when it works. Frankly, wireless is much more predictable and reliable.
G

Don't do it.

I've tried two brands of powerline adapter without much joy.

The first would apparently only connect sporadically ran very slowly and produced interference on audio equipment.

The second (Netgear) would not work in a twin socket with anything else plugged into the socket (even when tested in the same room). So, really, quite pointless as I'd have ended up with a long ethernet cable between the adapter and the computer which I'd been forced to plug into a socket on the other side of the room

This technology is convenient where and when it works. Frankly, wireless is much more predictable and reliable.

Solution