Aw2310 vs VG236 or 3D or no 3D?

arjuna0047

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Hi,

Im looking to buy a monitor for my new gaming pc. It has a GTX 590. so it is capable for 3 way monitor surround sound and 3D.
And i was wondering which of the 3D monitors are worth it? i have read good comment on both of the aw2310 and Vg236. But not too good about the acer.

Is the 3D worth it? or it better just by buying a non 3D monitor, i am looking for a triple monitor experience. Also, how does the 3D monitor compare to those of non 3D capable monitors for 2D performance?

Obviously, the primary use of the pc would be for gaming. I just want to immerse myself in the gaming feel

Any inputs about what monitor i should get would be much appreciated :D .

Cheers,
arjuna0047

I own the asus 3d monitor. As much as I like 3D i find myself using it less and less. Still 120hz is great for 2d gaming.

There can be a lot of setup with games in order to get a good 3d effect. Often times you have to dail the graphics settings down a notch disabling things like advanced lighting/shadowing. Make sure you go into the control panel and look at all the keyboard shortcuts for adjusting the image.

mohawkade

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
I used to have the ASUS VG236, and to my demise, it developed a row of dead pixels within the week.

I sent it back and got it replaced with the latter version, the ASUS VG236HE. Which I'm assuming had some updates done to it, because it's been several months and no problems yet. Though I've been super careful with it, (power the screen down before gently cleaning).