No Post then Black Screen

dches10

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm in the military and built a new pc while home on leave for a week. I had the computer shipped via UPS back to my duty station. While I was home the computer worked awesome, no problems whatsoever. But after shipping it I can not get the computer to display anything on screen let alone post into windows. My build is as follows...

MSI Z77A-GD65
i5-2500k
8 GB ram (2x4)
2x 7850 1GB
500gb HDD
Corsair 750W

Like I said, the pc worked well before shipping but now can't get it to do anything. When I connect it via HDMI to my 32'' tv (same tv as back home) and turn it on my tv tells me that "Mode Not Supported. The resolution is not supported on this tv, please change the resolution" but if I wait a little bit the screen changes to all black with the resolution and refresh rate in the top right (1920x1080 60hz) but nothing shows.

On a side note while it was en route to Georgia from Arizona, somewhere along the way the SATA cable was ripped off the HDD and consequently broke the plastic L piece off and bent some of the pins. I have since bent them back (they look almost new) and fixed the plastic piece so that the SATA cable connects just fine. I don't know if the HDD has anything to do with whats going on but I just didn't wanna leave that out.

Any help would be awesome seeing as I want to play the Guild Wars 2 beta this weekend but am in need of a working pc. :(

I would first suspect that something has come loose during transit. At this point, you might want to remove and then replace the VGA cards just to be sure that isn't the issue. And check all of your power connections.
From the message you're showing, I'm actually suspecting the TV is at fault here - if you have a different HDMI input on your TV, I'd try that - if there is a different TV/monitor available to try, I would do that also.
Not much I know but it's a start.