Building a gaming rig (~$600 CAD to spend, already have videocard)

dangerboyjtf2

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Basically my old Core2Duo 3.0Ghz rig is getting up in the years and so I upgraded to Windows 7 (finally) and got a new videocard (GeFroce 560Ti) to help my graphics out. I realised there is some bottlenecking going on and I've been itching to build a rig for a while, but I'm on a bit of a budget (just got out of university and started working).

I'm hoping to sell my old rig and pay for most of the new one with it. Since I don't need the videocard and Windows 7, I've got about $600 to spend on components (CAD $$)

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month
Budget Range: ~$600-~$700 after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming/streaming/some photoshop and daily activities (web browsing, email, etc.)

Parts Not Required: Monitor, graphics card, OS. EDIT: Moue/keyboard not needed (I have a gaming mouse)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Canada Computers- www.canadacomputers.com (most preffered as I can just pick it up from there with no shipping costs), also acceptable are www.tigerdirect.ca, www.newegg.ca and www.NCIX.ca

Country of Origin: Canada

Parts Preferences: Definately want an i5-2500k CPU and would like a mobo with 4 DIMMS
Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Needs window on side and LED's of course!

Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Solution
you have got a really nice video card.

ok, here are thew parts,

i5 2500k
asrock p67 extreme 3
gskill ripjaws x 2.4gb 1600mhz cl9 or 8
psu:antec earthwatts green 650w
antec 300 case
coolermaster hyper hyper212+ ( dont buy from newegg)
any type of logitech gaming series mouse, that should be in your budget.

manu 11

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
you have got a really nice video card.

ok, here are thew parts,

i5 2500k
asrock p67 extreme 3
gskill ripjaws x 2.4gb 1600mhz cl9 or 8
psu:antec earthwatts green 650w
antec 300 case
coolermaster hyper hyper212+ ( dont buy from newegg)
any type of logitech gaming series mouse, that should be in your budget.

Solution

dangerboyjtf2

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Along with an optical drive ($20) and a hard drive ($50) that'll be too far over my budget : (

But if I scale back the mobo (I won't need 3xpcie16 slots) and PSU (to maybe a 600w psu, still from a reputable brand of course) that should work.

Thanks for the help!

Any other builds for this price range? Or is this pretty much it?