Sign in with
Your question

USB BIOS Flashback doesn't work... plz help

Last response: in Motherboards
July 22, 2012 12:01:43 AM

Hi,
My PC has a little problem with the BIOS, but it doesn't matter. I wanted to flash the BIOS so i took a FAT32 USB stick and downloaded into it the latest BIOS file ( and renamed it to Z77ST.CAP). I inserted the USB stick and pressed the button. then it flashes for 3-5 seconds and the light turns stable ,reading it fails. What did i do wrong..? Any advice will be appreciated..
a c 462 V Motherboard
July 22, 2012 12:10:38 AM

super300 said:
Hi,
My PC has a little problem with the BIOS, but it doesn't matter. I wanted to flash the BIOS so i took a FAT32 USB stick and downloaded into it the latest BIOS file ( and renamed it to Z77ST.CAP). I inserted the USB stick and pressed the button. then it flashes for 3-5 seconds and the light turns stable ,reading it fails. What did i do wrong..? Any advice will be appreciated..

the file was a cap file. you just have to name is z77st. also check that the file you downloaded was the next bios file..
also the file has to be in the root dir of the usb and the mb has to be off. only standby power. make sure rename is for the right mb. and the usb in the white usb port marked flashback.
m
l
July 22, 2012 12:18:42 AM

What do you mean by "next bios file"?
And sorry for being an idiot, but what is exactly root dir? And yes, i didn't rename the CAP... Besides what i didn't understand ("next bios file" and "root dir") i did it fine...
m
l
a c 462 V Motherboard
July 25, 2012 3:26:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-zGV8SLho
flash back looking for a fat 32 formated usb in the white port.
root dir is the base dir like drive C:\
if you download and expand the bios file it might end up is a folder called C:\bios
the flash file not looking for C:\bios\bios.cap
it looking for bios.cap
if there 5 bios files for your mb...im talking about puting on bios file 01 then 02 then 03 then 04 then 05.
m
l
!