Monitor doesn't turn on until login screen

xenobreak

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I recently upgraded my video card from a 4850 to a 560ti. Since the upgrade whenever i restart/turn on my computer my monitor stays black until i hit the login screen. I used the same HDMI port for the 560ti that i did with the 4850. Never had such an issue with my other video card...

This really wasn't a problem until recently my computer has started to get bogged down and unresponsive at times. I would like to scan it for problems but i would like to do that in safe mode. I don't know how to get into safe mode without my monitor being on :/

Windows 7 64bit and my video drivers are up to date.

Sent2Strike

Distinguished
May 30, 2011

Hey mate I upgraded from a Sapphire 5850 Toxic to a Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SOC and I'm having the same problem.

M@dn3ss

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I have the same issue... I upgraded from a 4850x2 to a 560ti and one of my monitors does that (power save?) via the HDMI connection. I had to switch my primary monitor to the older DVI, then when I select any UAC prompting item on my desktop the screen darkens for a moment and the HDMI monitor wakes up. Then, I'll just 'cancel' anything its asking me to authorize and it works until the PC sleeps again. I've told my Wife to look for the desktop icons with the little mutli colored shield next to them (UAC), but this is just a work around. i'm expecting my new second monitor tomorrow, and I'm concerned I won't be able to do it with this newer Video card.