[SOLVED - H100 BAD PUMP] Crosshair V + Corsair H100 booting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSidesHero

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Here is thr email I just sent Corsair.

Hi, installed the H100 this pass Sunday and everything was working fine. I ran a few stress tests to see what temps I was getting with the new H100. CPU temp was at steady 38* while using Prime95 for 30mins. Computer ran perfect for the rest of the day.

Today however it booted up fine when I got home, started up Folding @ Home & FireFox then the PC shut down. I turned it on, nothing on screen then it shut down on its own. Pressed clear cmos button, boots, says to recover BIOS, pressed F1 then it froze up. Restart nothing. Unplugged everything, took out the GPU, RAM, PSU Connectors, re-assembled everything then I get a CPU Fan error, press F1, then it freezes in the BIOS. The 2 radiator fans are working, the light on the pump is on, the fans slow down/ go faster when I press the button on the pump. This has been happening all night even when connecting my old Zalman fan back up. I have the molex connected to the psu & the other cable to the cpu fan header on the motherboard. Someone suggested that perhaps the H100 had a bad pump and fried my CPU. I really hope this is not the case

My PC specs are below CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ stock 2.8Ghz Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula Memory - G.SKILL Sniper 16GB GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6990 HDD -Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W Case - COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-GP

Please contact with any info regarding this problem. Thank you.

So what do you guys think....

DarkSidesHero

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

I don't have enough time to flash the BIOS. I don't want to risk it either and then it freezes midway. Off the top of my head I THINK the DRAM led was on.

No idea what your talking about. Never heard about this. How do I find out?

Nope no beeps

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Ok, if the RAM has a RED LED, it may be the RAM, or the MoBo. Again, I believe its either the cpu or mobo that is fried, so honestly, the mobo & the cpu could be as well. i want to look at this thing so bad...lol, so i can see for myself how its acting.

DarkSidesHero

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Really? It would be just my luck to get a defective product lol. I'll check out the serial number and the website later. Thanks for this info.

Lol. Think I should try booting with 1 RAM stick in?

DarkSidesHero

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Okay folks, I am typing this post from my computer! :D

I decided to just throw my old Zalman fan back in there and viola it's working! Guess this confirms that my H100 has a crap pump since the CPU was overheating.

Like to thank everyone for their help in solving this problem!

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
#1 your cpu and main borad fine(more 70% of chance) because it build with temp protection on it.
#2 open RMA with Corsair and get new one ASAP.
#3 reinstall cooling fan.
#4 bios setting if you have option that 3pin and 4pin controll in option plz disable it. Because H100 cooling system have 3pin connector. If don't find it and there are no option for that~ good better~ because my Asus Crosshair V formula have that option in there. First time install and fan error come out.
#5 Corsair is good company with good RMA status please go head and get new h100. Because it has limited 5 year RMA.
go head and try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.