Is my card causing BSOD?

synce

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
I've been playing a lot of The Witcher 2 lately and things were fine initially but around halfway through the game my PC started crashing and rebooting. I don't actually see the BSOD but when Windows restarts that's the diagnosis it gives me. At first it would simply reboot but the last time there was a buzzing and the display got screwy, leading me to believe it's the GPU. Your thoughts?

More info: it's an OC'd 6850 - 775/4000 1.15v @ 900/4400 1.20v. The board is an Asus Sabertooth, which I used to Auto OC my i7 and RAM (then manually fine tune clock speed and vcore). Running Win7 x64 with 4GB RAM.

More more info: I also noticed that before the latest crash my card was being taxed pretty heavily, a consistent 90-95% load. Temps were just barely over 60C though.

synce

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
An update:

I ran Furmark for longer than usual and nothing happened so I assumed my card's OC is stable, then I went on to Intel Burn Test and passed the standard test as usual, but when I set it to high (more RAM testing) I failed. So I go into BIOS and it looks like my sticks were clocked way too high. I ended up underclocking them and passed the test.

So I loaded up the part of the game that gave me the most trouble - a huge battle in the rain with lots of magic effects and other fancy stuff. No freezing! A few hours later I finished the game without any issues :)