Memory] i put a 4gb ram in one slot and it worked fine I added a 4gb

Memory] i put a 4gb ram in one slot and it worked fine I added a 4gb ram to the other slot and it dont start please help
10 answers Last reply
More about memory slot worked fine added
  1. does your motherboard support more than 4GB ram? Also what is your motherboard make/model?
  2. yes make MSI model MS-7680
  3. Your 2nd ram must be exact same model, make, frequency & latency and it won't work or else.
  4. it is the same
  5. can you please send me the link of your motherboard? I searched but didn't find it.
  6. hucky said:
    Memory] i put a 4gb ram in one slot and it worked fine I added a 4gb ram to the other slot and it dont start please help

You tried both sticks 1 at a time to ensure they both work by themselves?
    What is the voltage requirement of the memory, and is it the same as the default RAM voltage your motherboard is supplying?
  7. hucky said:

Do you have a 64 Bit OS? 32 Bit supports up to 4GB
  8. TechGeek1020 said:
    hucky said:

You do realize that you are replying to a thread that is nearly 4 years old?
  9. jitpublisher said:
    TechGeek1020 said:
    hucky said:

You do realize that you are replying to a thread that is nearly 4 years old?

Yes I know. I had a RAM problem before for 5 years straight before I found out the fix.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM