Sign in with
Your question

Long Distance Link

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 7, 2011 2:19:11 AM

Hello guys, I am currently in the process of setting up a long distance wireless link from my office in town to my home in the country. I have to use a tower in between to complete line of sight .. I am losing alot of bandwith in between..I am using EOA3630's as AP's and 2660's? as Bridges (cant remember model) these are 600mw devices and the antennas are 21 and 26db polarbaric's...

I am using Engenius outdoor 600mw devices setup as Ap's and Bridges.. Here is my predicament...

Here is the layout---- Office LAN wired to ENgenius AP (SSID 1)----->1mile distance to tower (to enable LOS)---> associated with (SSID 1) Engenius device set as Bridge-----> wired to another Engenius AP (SSID 2) ----> 2mile distance to home------associated with (SSID 2) Enginus device set as Bridge------>wired to home LAN...

Signals are good between AP's and bridge's 50 to 70% at each

The problem I am having is that I have a 7mb DSL connection at the office... by the time it gets to my home, it is 500k hardly worth the trouble.... I do understand that you lose bandwith between repeaters, but that is not how I have this setup... Can you guys put your heads together and help me get better bandwith from this setup?

The devices can be setup as AP, Client Bridge, WDS Bridge, Repeater, AP Router and Client Router...

I am shooting the Wireless from one AP1 at my office to a bridge on tower then I wired that bridge to AP2 on that same tower (both with independent polarbaric antennas) that AP2 shoots to another bridge at my home.

More about : long distance link

Anonymous
January 7, 2011 6:48:05 AM

Try not to post duplicate threads. I appreciate that your second post has much more useful information than the earlier -- which I have deleted.
January 7, 2011 10:54:49 AM

Sorry I thought that one did not post. Any ideas guys?
!