Sony vaio vgn fs315e cpu upgrade

Hello

i think i am coming to a conclusion where buying a new laptop/desktop would solve the majority of my problems with the vaio.

still i would like to know if i could i upgrade the cup or anything else that would improve performance on the vaio, i have already posted in the memory section about putting in more than 2GB of ram (which i have already installed) with a few reads but no answers.

The CD/DVD writer has now totally failed, the keyboard tiles fell off a long time ago so am using a usb keyboard and have 8USB devices running (not all the time though).

so back to the point of upgrading the CPU (celeron M):

Intel Celeron M 380
Cores 1
Threads 1
Name Intel Celeron M 380
Code Name Dothan
Package Socket 479 mPGA
Technology 90nm
Specification Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.60GHz
Family 6
Extended Family 6
Model D
Extended Model D
Stepping 8
Revision C0
Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2
Bus Speed 99.8 MHz
Rated Bus Speed 399.1 MHz
Stock Core Speed 1600 MHz
Caches
L1 Data Cache Size 32 KBytes
L1 Instructions Cache Size 32 KBytes
L2 Unified Cache Size 1024 KBytes
Core 0

even if the CPU could be upgraded would it be worth it considering the low prices at the moment fir i3 i5 i7 machines.

sorry for long post, just desperate to get better performance without it costing the earth

many thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about sony vaio fs315e upgrade
  1. I don't think you can upgrade laptop cpu's without voiding your warranty, or even upgrade them at all >.>
  2. thanks for your input, however the laptop is at least 5 years old, so the warranty would now be long gone. the problem i thought i may have had from upgrading to a better faster cpu would be cooling it down sufficienty as the cpu in the laptop now runs at a pretty constant 100 degrees C and i use a usb cooling mat, which helps considerably, anyways......
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs