Monitor going to sleep

Hey guys I have develop a new problem that I have not been able to find a solution to yet and was hoping I could get some help. As of late my monitor will go into sleep mode about 20 minutes into whatever game I am running. Before it was only select games but it appears to be every game at this point. The only way to recover is to restart the computer which I HATE doing :pfff: . No BSODs or anything just my monitor going to sleep.
Intel Core i7 920
6.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
2x Geforce 250 in SLi
6 answers Last reply
More about monitor sleep
  1. go to power options and set the display turn off time to never.Also set put the computer to sleep as never.I think this should solve the problem
  2. LOL.

So did you try setting the monitor so it doesn't go in sleep mode after 20 minutes? That would be the logical thing to do.
  3. No, that's not the problem. I can us the computer for hours on end to surf the web and do my homework. Its only when I boot up video games.
  4. Do you have the latest drivers installed(making sure to uninstall all previous drivers)? What is your power supply it might not have enough power to support both cards?
  5. I have an 850w power supply. I am thinking it is heat related but I have not been able to confirm it yet. As for driver updates I update my video cards drivers but still had the same problem.
  6. Do you install the windows updates??
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics