Sign in with
Your question

Monitor going to sleep

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 22, 2011 4:40:27 AM

Hey guys I have develop a new problem that I have not been able to find a solution to yet and was hoping I could get some help. As of late my monitor will go into sleep mode about 20 minutes into whatever game I am running. Before it was only select games but it appears to be every game at this point. The only way to recover is to restart the computer which I HATE doing :pfff:  . No BSODs or anything just my monitor going to sleep.
Intel Core i7 920
6.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
2x Geforce 250 in SLi

More about : monitor sleep

a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2011 7:32:00 AM

go to power options and set the display turn off time to never.Also set put the computer to sleep as never.I think this should solve the problem
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2011 2:36:59 PM

LOL.

So did you try setting the monitor so it doesn't go in sleep mode after 20 minutes? That would be the logical thing to do.
m
l
Related resources
June 17, 2011 1:51:42 AM

No, that's not the problem. I can us the computer for hours on end to surf the web and do my homework. Its only when I boot up video games.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 17, 2011 2:47:04 AM

Do you have the latest drivers installed(making sure to uninstall all previous drivers)? What is your power supply it might not have enough power to support both cards?
m
l
June 27, 2011 5:48:41 AM

I have an 850w power supply. I am thinking it is heat related but I have not been able to confirm it yet. As for driver updates I update my video cards drivers but still had the same problem.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 8, 2011 7:02:52 AM

Do you install the windows updates??
m
l
!