JD77

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I'm very much a novice with this stuff. I've tried searching this site and other forums for an answer to my question, but I haven't found an answer to my exact question...

I'm looking at purchasing a new HP laptop (HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition) (http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&series_name=dv7tqe_series).

The graphics card in the laptop is 1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M Graphics. I've checked AMD's site and it looks like this particular card will support up to 6 independent(different) displays. I'm not sure if this is really feasible but it would be nice.

I would like to have the ability to run 3 or ideally 4 different displays on different monitors (with the laptop screen) being one of them and I'm not sure if this is doable and what specifically I need to be aware of beyond the graphics card ability to support this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

RCXDerp

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Uhm... are you looking at teh 6770m on the AMD website, because I cannot find it. None the less I doubt it will be able to support 3-4 monitors probably 2 maybe 3 at max.