Your question

3 or 4 monitors on a laptop

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 22, 2011 4:58:03 AM

I'm very much a novice with this stuff. I've tried searching this site and other forums for an answer to my question, but I haven't found an answer to my exact question...

I'm looking at purchasing a new HP laptop (HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition) (http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_ser...).

The graphics card in the laptop is 1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M Graphics. I've checked AMD's site and it looks like this particular card will support up to 6 independent(different) displays. I'm not sure if this is really feasible but it would be nice.

I would like to have the ability to run 3 or ideally 4 different displays on different monitors (with the laptop screen) being one of them and I'm not sure if this is doable and what specifically I need to be aware of beyond the graphics card ability to support this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

More about : monitors laptop

May 22, 2011 11:22:12 AM

Uhm... are you looking at teh 6770m on the AMD website, because I cannot find it. None the less I doubt it will be able to support 3-4 monitors probably 2 maybe 3 at max.
m
l
a c 168 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
May 22, 2011 2:37:32 PM

Looking at the specs of your selected laptop, it appears to only have one VGA and one HDMI graphic output. You may or may not be able to use both at the same time. My recommendation would be to use a Matrox TripleHead2Go to have four monitors (Laptop +3 monitors).

-Wolf sends
m
l
May 23, 2011 10:27:25 PM

I appreciate the response
m
l
!