Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Device Manager
  • Crossfire
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 22, 2011 12:02:00 PM

I added a second Radeon 5870 to my crossfire able motherboard and the Device Manager still only sees one. It's installed correctly and both crossfire bridges are installed. Catalyst does not even have the place to click enable crossfire either. Any tips? I have taken the new gpu out and reinstalled as well. Windows does not see it or automatically look for drivers, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Allen

More about : crossfire working grapics cards

a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2011 4:18:02 PM

Have you testing both the cards seperatly in the primary PCI-express slot?
List the brand and wattage of your PSU, and are the four six pin power connectors plugged correctly into both the cards?
m
l
May 29, 2011 6:46:24 PM

both are tested and work by themselves. Power supply is too small. Just found out it's only 525 watts. Will that prevent device manager from showing both? All four six pin connectors are correctly installed. I am purchasing a new power supply but thought they should at least post on device manager?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2011 9:43:56 AM

Bumpy said:
both are tested and work by themselves. Power supply is too small. Just found out it's only 525 watts. Will that prevent device manager from showing both? All four six pin connectors are correctly installed. I am purchasing a new power supply but thought they should at least post on device manager?

If the card is not even getting enough power to start up then maybe not, does the fan on the second graphics card spin up or not?
m
l
June 4, 2011 12:23:31 PM

New power supply did the trick. The fans did spin on the second card before, so I thought is should at least post on device manager. Thanks
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 4, 2011 12:45:20 PM

Glad it worked out for you :) 
m
l
!