Shoul i buy this rig?

akataria7

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Hello,
i m new here... i was going to buy a new pc .. i googled a lot about it and i have found this one on cyberpowerpc.com .. will it be okay to play high-end games..

And also m buying this pc only for playing games on ultra setting

the specs are below

Intel Core i5 2500k 3.30 ghz 6MB cache
Asetek 510LC liquid cooling system
Asus P8H67 mobo
8GB DDR3 1600 mhz RAM
Nvidia GTX 560 2GB graphics card
Thermaltake 750 Watts PSU
1TB SATA 7200rpm HDD
24x Double layer CD/DVD Drive
Vigour iSURF HDD cooling fan
Xtreme Gear USB keyboard
Xtreme Gear USB mouse

it will cost me 1000$
should i go for it?
plzz reply

Solution
Umm... I think you are confusing your platforms. This rig is an intel rig, while you are commenting on AMD's bulldozer. They are not compatible in any way.

This is a good system that should last you quite a few years. The next generation of intel systems will be based on the ivy bridge format. I don't know enough about intel platforms to be sure if this MOBO will be compatible with the next generation from intel. My gut feeling is NO, it will not be, but I will let someone more informed confirm this.

The only real drawback I see is that this MOBO doesn't appear to have 2 PCI-e slots for SLI or crossfire. The nvidia card that comes with this system should play very well for just about anything out now or in the near future. That said...

christoj

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Hey there akataria,

This system is definitely going to be able to eat up games. This should play most/all current games on the market at ultra settings. It actually looks like a very solid build for the price. Once you consider that you are also getting an OS with this as well, you are probably only paying around $100 or less in markup over buying the parts and building yourself.

Looks like a good deal!

akataria7

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

will it be future-proof as i heard that the new AMD bulldozers are coming ?????

christoj

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Umm... I think you are confusing your platforms. This rig is an intel rig, while you are commenting on AMD's bulldozer. They are not compatible in any way.

This is a good system that should last you quite a few years. The next generation of intel systems will be based on the ivy bridge format. I don't know enough about intel platforms to be sure if this MOBO will be compatible with the next generation from intel. My gut feeling is NO, it will not be, but I will let someone more informed confirm this.

The only real drawback I see is that this MOBO doesn't appear to have 2 PCI-e slots for SLI or crossfire. The nvidia card that comes with this system should play very well for just about anything out now or in the near future. That said, this card will eventually become old tech and you may want to be able to SLI or crossfire your GPU.

I still think this is a nice rig and wouldn't hesitate to purchase it. You may want to look at other MOBO options so that you have SLI/crossfire available for future gaming.

Solution

akataria7

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

so asus p8z68 ?

kevwal

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Yeah cyberpower is a decent company, i recently bought my rig from there i stupidly ordered wrong motherboard so i sent it back to get changed when it arrived back at their depot the case was smashed ,they never even charged me for the damage pretty good of them i think