Your card does not support directx 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Hello, i have a sapphire hd 6970 graphics card. my card supports directx 11 thazt i am sure but when i open games, i cannot check direct11. it says your card does not support directx 11:S please help

Solution

You can download GPU-Z and post a screenshot of what it gives you. It will give the various technical details of the card, we might be able to determine what's wrong from that. I think there is something wrong with your card, as it doesn't seem to support DX11 and only has 1GB of RAM. Either the card is defective or you actually have a 4000 series card instead of a 6000 series card.
Ok no offense just had to check ;) When you say you cant check it... what it wont do it or you don't know how ? Click on the start button and in the search box type dxdiag.
Assuming that all checks out next question is, is this a new PC or new card ? did the PC work ok with DX11 using a different card ? Or did this card work ok but you have updated drivers and now it dosent ?

Mactronix :)

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

ok i will write diagnostics system summary by the way yeah this is a completely new pc actually it just came before yesterday:)

CPU:Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 ghz each, 8 cores
RAM: 16 gb
Directx Version: directx 11

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

and no this is the first card for this pc and this card was never used before. by the way i removed the drivers, reinstalled them. still no solution :/ phfff

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

it says that i have a newer version, so it didnt upgrade

No, HDMI is not required for DX11. Go into device manager and see if Windows is properly recognizing the card, it should say something to the effect of AMD Radeon HD 6900 series or AMD Radeon HD 6970 under the display adapter tab. If it doesn't say that then Windows is not properly recognizing your card. Try reinstalling your video card drivers, they may not have installed properly and that could cause this problem.

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

nope it recognizes the graphic card but there is something odd. my graphic card has 2gb ddr5 memory but here it says 1gb:S and i am sure it is 2gb it is written bold and big and box which is next to me

Yeah, that's not right. I'd say get driversweeper, remove all traces of your current video drivers, then reinstall the video drivers. If that does not solve the problem then you probably have a bad card and its time to RMA.

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

did it but still no good :/ i think i going to give it back and buy a nvidia card

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

crysis 2, shogun 2 total war, dragon age 2

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
in shogun 2 i even downloaded the patch for directx 11 when i try to change the renderer from 9 to 11, it says your graphics card does not support directx 11. now this is a really stupid statement for a pc i bought last week at cost of more than 3000 dollars. do you know any good way to check the directx 11 system or run a test?

You can download GPU-Z and post a screenshot of what it gives you. It will give the various technical details of the card, we might be able to determine what's wrong from that. I think there is something wrong with your card, as it doesn't seem to support DX11 and only has 1GB of RAM. Either the card is defective or you actually have a 4000 series card instead of a 6000 series card.

Solution

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/05/25/66d.png there you go i hope this helps. by the way i took my pc to where i bought guys from there told me there was nothing wrong with directx 11 as they have run a heaven benchmark in front of me. they told those games didnt have full directx 11 support just yet.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your hardware from that GPU-Z screenshot, everything is correct, including the 2GB of VRAM. Crysis 2 still doesn't have DX11 support, but Shogun II and Dragon Age II should. I can only suggest that you reinstall Shogun and Dragon Age and see if that will fix the DX11 problem.

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

ran heaven works perfect. i bought shogun 2 original if there was something wrong with skidrow version. in original i cant even open it with directx 9

Zylen92

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
FINALLY found the catch. viewsonic's 3D driver iZ3D was interfering with directx 11 all this time. Deleted it and now everything is literally perfect. thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.