Psu for gaming rig

dafukman

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Hello guys.

im currently putting together a gaming rig. i have a budget of around 1000 euros. i want to play the latest games especially skyrim and bf3

heres my list :

i5 2500k
p8z68 v pro
8gb 1600mhz ram
seagate baracuda 1tb 7200rpm
win 7 64bit
gtx 560 ti ( shud i get a better one? or have 2 of these)

im still quite noob at this. so if anyone cud give suggestions. pls do thanks

beenthere

Distinguished
If you want to objectively, accurately and scientifically determine what PSU power is required for your Vid card and PC in both watts and 12v rail amps., the forum Utility link below will show you how easy it is to calculate this information and objectively determine which PSUs are quality built, reliable PSUs that can meet your needs. Be advised that the available 12v rail amps. is just as important as the total PSU wattage. You need both to be correct.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

Take a look at the "Best PCs for X $" post that this website does every month.

They build quality systems completely under a series of $ ranges.

You can just count in the exchange rates and see if you can indeed construct the system in your area for the same cost and you won't have to worry about picking parts with poor reviews or poor performance.

I don't have the link at this moment but if I find it I will edit my post to include it.

- Edit - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-value-overclock,3033.html

The above one is for Sept 2011. Not sure if October 2011 is out yet or not.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
If you can afford a single GTX580, it is better to go that route than 2 GTX560Ti's. This is for the future upgrade reason. If you run 2 GTX560Ti's, you have to restart with another series, as there is no room to go anywhere. These 2 cards together will outperform a single GTX580, but you wont need that power yet. Later on though, adding another GTX580 will greatly improve your performance.

If you are going to OC your cpu, you need an aftermarket cooler. I recommend the Noctua D14, Hyper 212+ (EVO), or Corsair H80/H100.

A good PSU for this system would be either an HX850/HX1050*, a PC Power & Cooling 910W, or anything around the 1000W range inside an 80+ _____ Certified. Companies to use are Ante, Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, OCZ, and XFX. There is a sticky for recommended PSU's listed here on TOM's, as well as some stickies that users have started to help calculate what you need for your system.