US online shopping ?

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 19, 2005 2:35:44 AM

1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.

2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US (tax,
dutie)

THX

More about : online shopping

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:35:45 AM

I have seen many people in the UK say that they get good results from B&H
Photovideo in New York City. They say they pay less money when ordering
from B&H, even when all "legal" costs such as import duties are considered.
I don't know where you live, but I thought that would be helpful.

"Jacob Karczewski" <admin@wdrodze.com> wrote in message
news:D 1fok4$k06$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> 1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.
>
> 2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US
> (tax,
> dutie)
>
> THX

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:35:45 AM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:35:44 -0000, "Jacob Karczewski"
<admin@wdrodze.com> wrote:

>1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.

From my own experience and from what other people have said, I would
recommend B&H (http://www.bhphoto.com).

>2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US (tax,
>dutie)

I assume you're from Poland. Shipping from B&H looks to be about $75.
There will be no taxes from the U.S. but you'll have to check what the
Polish authorities charge for duty and tax.
March 19, 2005 2:35:45 AM

"Jacob Karczewski" <admin@wdrodze.com> writes:

> 1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.

<www.bhphotovido.com&gt; is one of the big ones, with about the lowest
prices of any reliable photo dealer.

> 2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US (tax,
> dutie)

That's a local question to your country, not a US question. We don't
charge duty to let it out, but your country may to let it in.
March 19, 2005 12:23:44 PM

I noticed the link given here is "bhphotovido.com" instead of
"bhphotovideo.com". The first (vido) apparently takes you to some
fraudulent scam site, while the second (video) is the Legitimate BH Photo.

"David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@dd-b.net> wrote in message
> "Jacob Karczewski" <admin@wdrodze.com> writes:
>
>> 1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.
>
> <www.bhphotovido.com&gt; is one of the big ones, with about the lowest
> prices of any reliable photo dealer.
>
>> 2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US
>> (tax,
>> dutie)
>
> That's a local question to your country, not a US question. We don't
> charge duty to let it out, but your country may to let it in.
> --
> David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:D d-b@dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/&gt;
> RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com/&gt; <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/&gt;
> Pics: <http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/&gt;
> <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/&gt;
> Dragaera/Steven Brust: <http://dragaera.info/&gt;
March 19, 2005 6:57:30 PM

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:23:44 +0000, BWL wrote
(in article <Zp6dncWHKKqd2aHfRVn-iA@bright.net>):

> "bhphotovido.com" ... apparently takes you to some
> fraudulent scam site

It's not a scam. It's a "look-alike" URL. The owner simply uses it to forward
you to paying customer's sites. They're not offering anything but
advertising.

But you're right; he wants http://www.bhphotovideo.com
if he wants B&H Photo

DaveC
me@privacy.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 2:27:11 AM

Thanks for your help :)
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 8:11:05 PM

"Jacob Karczewski" <admin@wdrodze.com> wrote in message
news:D 1fok4$k06$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> 1) Could you recomend any US store where I can buy digital camera online.
>
> 2) Do you know what costs I have to paid when I buying camera form US
> (tax,
> dutie)
>
> THX

I have had excellent results from Tri-State Photo and B&H. Your duties
depend greatly on where you live.

Ed
!