What PSU should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bords1924

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I'm confused on what to use for my PSU..
I'm planning to getr a hd6970, 4x4gb Gskill 1333, 2-1tb HDD, asus p8z68 v pro Mobo, Thermaltake Frio ock CPU cooler,
i7 2600 prcessor..

I am looking at getting a corsair tx950..Any suggestions? thanks

Solution
TX950 is way overkill, but if you can afford it, go for it. It will allow for CFX or even triple CFX in the future. The Thermaltake Frio OCK 0575 is a beast! Very loud though, and im not a noise snob. I dont mind it, but some would. If you dont plan on CFX, you can get an HX650W, or an Antec 750W EarthWatt psu for your system, and save some money. Best of luck!

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
TX950 is way overkill, but if you can afford it, go for it. It will allow for CFX or even triple CFX in the future. The Thermaltake Frio OCK 0575 is a beast! Very loud though, and im not a noise snob. I dont mind it, but some would. If you dont plan on CFX, you can get an HX650W, or an Antec 750W EarthWatt psu for your system, and save some money. Best of luck!

Solution

beenthere

Distinguished
If you want to objectively, accurately and scientifically determine what PSU power is required for your Vid card and PC in both watts and 12v rail amps., the forum Utility link below will show you how easy it is to calculate this information and objectively determine which PSUs are quality built, reliable PSUs that can meet your needs. Be advised that the available 12v rail amps. is just as important as the total PSU wattage. You need both to be correct.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

Status
Not open for further replies.