Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

350D/xt .CR2 RAW files and Photoshop CS

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:57:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Hi there,

How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4 of the
raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?

--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 3:56:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" <chefmagnus@nospamameritech.net> wrote in
news:%VJ_d.11346$DW.9976@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

> Hi there,
>
> How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4 of
> the raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?

Not telling us what happens when you try to open the files, for one thing.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 4:45:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Eric Gill wrote:
> "Master Chef Richard Campbell" <chefmagnus@nospamameritech.net> wrote
> in news:%VJ_d.11346$DW.9976@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4
>> of the raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Not telling us what happens when you try to open the files, for one
> thing.

Sorry about that. I was a bit frustrated when I wrote the first post. I get
this message:

"Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of
document."

Thanks

--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection
Related resources
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 5:26:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" <chefmagnus@nospamameritech.net> wrote in
news:WuL_d.11397$DW.10260@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

> Eric Gill wrote:
>> "Master Chef Richard Campbell" <chefmagnus@nospamameritech.net> wrote
>> in news:%VJ_d.11346$DW.9976@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4
>>> of the raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Not telling us what happens when you try to open the files, for one
>> thing.
>
> Sorry about that. I was a bit frustrated when I wrote the first post.

Yeah, I've been through that more than a few times.

> I get this message:
>
> "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of
> document."

Wierd. My first thought is the installation went a bit screwy.

Can you see the files in the Photoshop browser, and if so, can you open
them from there?
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 7:39:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Eric Gill wrote:
> "Master Chef Richard Campbell" <chefmagnus@nospamameritech.net> wrote
> in news:WuL_d.11397$DW.10260@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> Eric Gill wrote:
>>> "Master Chef Richard Campbell" <chefmagnus@nospamameritech.net>
>>> wrote in news:%VJ_d.11346$DW.9976@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:
>>>
>>>> Hi there,
>>>>
>>>> How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4
>>>> of the raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Not telling us what happens when you try to open the files, for one
>>> thing.
>>
>> Sorry about that. I was a bit frustrated when I wrote the first post.
>
> Yeah, I've been through that more than a few times.
>
>> I get this message:
>>
>> "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of
>> document."
>
> Wierd. My first thought is the installation went a bit screwy.
>
> Can you see the files in the Photoshop browser, and if so, can you
> open them from there?

Nope can not view the .cr2 fils in Photoshop browser. I can still see and
open raw files from my Oly C-8080wz.


--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection
March 19, 2005 10:00:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Eric Gill wrote:


> The files the RebXT produces are supposed to be close enough to those of
> the 20D not to matter, and many people report ACR 2.4 works fine.

Apparently not close enough. The following quote is secondhand info from
the dpreview Canon EOS 300D/350D forum:

"Thomas Knoll (who writes Adobe's RAW converter) posted in the Adobe RAW
forum saying that the 350D raw file was sufficiently different from the
20D that a simple hex edit would not be enough - the converter needs to
be reworked." (posted by Susan S.)

The Adobe forums require registration so you'll have to check the source
yourself, but the failure of Camera Raw 2.4 with the rebel XT is
consistent with the Supported Cameras list found here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html?...
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 10:18:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4
of the
> raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?

Double checking the camera's supported by the 2.4 raw plug-in on
Adobe's site, the 350 isn't one of them. As another poster said, looks
like they have to upgrade the plug-in.

>
> --
> Master Chef Richard Campbell
> 100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection

PB
http://papaboop.com/
http://mlprice.com/
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 11:47:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

scott <scmarsh@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:a6Q_d.721049$6l.667527@pd7tw2no:

> Eric Gill wrote:
>
>
>> The files the RebXT produces are supposed to be close enough to those
>> of the 20D not to matter, and many people report ACR 2.4 works fine.
>
> Apparently not close enough. The following quote is secondhand info
> from the dpreview Canon EOS 300D/350D forum:
>
> "Thomas Knoll (who writes Adobe's RAW converter) posted in the Adobe
> RAW forum saying that the 350D raw file was sufficiently different
> from the 20D that a simple hex edit would not be enough - the
> converter needs to be reworked." (posted by Susan S.)

Odd. I follow both forums and had not noticed this, though I did see a
number of people reporting success. I may owe Richard an apology for
wasting his time.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:22:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

I hear the upgradae will be in the next photshop upgrade.


"papaboop" <papaboop@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1111245531.098372.196670@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4
> of the
>> raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Double checking the camera's supported by the 2.4 raw plug-in on
> Adobe's site, the 350 isn't one of them. As another poster said, looks
> like they have to upgrade the plug-in.
>
>>
>> --
>> Master Chef Richard Campbell
>> 100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection
>
> PB
> http://papaboop.com/
> http://mlprice.com/
>
!