Sign in with
Your question

Will buying a second 9800GTX+ be the way to go??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 23, 2011 12:42:23 AM

I have a Quad-core intel and currently have a 9800gtx+ and its performed great for abit now.As I dont have gobs of money on the highest end stuff.The newest mid range cards are around 200 +/- I can get a second 9800gtx+ for about $125.

Would that get me into the newest mid-range cards performance???

And whats with the DX11??Not that many cards available with it.....could that be relevant to my decision(is that something im going to wish I had gotten)

thanx for any help

kevin

More about : buying 9800gtx

May 24, 2011 12:15:37 PM

kookykev said:
I have a Quad-core intel and currently have a 9800gtx+ and its performed great for abit now.As I dont have gobs of money on the highest end stuff.The newest mid range cards are around 200 +/- I can get a second 9800gtx+ for about $125.

Would that get me into the newest mid-range cards performance???

And whats with the DX11??Not that many cards available with it.....could that be relevant to my decision(is that something im going to wish I had gotten)

thanx for any help

kevin

Well the 9800GTX+ is on par or somewhere near to the nvidia 250Gts so you can SLI it with 250Gts. Just get the one which is cheaper. and also make sure that the VRAM on both is same to ensure more stability.And now about performance, offcourse it will be better than a just mid-range rig.But there is now way you can get DX11 with these cards.
m
l
!