Galaxy GTX 560 Ti or EVGA VS. Radeon 6870

14 answers Last reply
More about galaxy evga radeon 6870
  1. The 560 Ti but I'd get this one for $6 more, factory OC and better cooler
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130610

    Guru3D uses the following games in their test suite, COD-MW, Bad Company 2, Dirt 2, Far Cry 2, Metro 2033, Dawn of Discovery, Crysis Warhead. Total fps (summing fps in each game @ 1920 x 1200) for the various options in parenthesis (single card / SL or CF) are tabulated below

    6870 (434/701)
    6950 (479/751)
    6950 Frozr OC (484/759)
    560 Ti (455/792)
    6970 (526/825)
    560 Ti - 900 Mhz (495/862)
    570 (524/873)
    580 (616/953)
    6990 (762/903)
    590 (881/982)
  2. The GTX560ti is faster than the 6870.

    What are your full system specs?(PSU,CPU,mobo,etc.)

    What resoultion are you gaming at and wat games do you play?
  3. purple stank said:
    The GTX560ti is faster than the 6870.

    What are your full system specs?(PSU,CPU,mobo,etc.)

    What resoultion are you gaming at and wat games do you play?

    My specs are

    i5-2400
    ASUS P8H67-M LX (REV 3.0)
    Corsair cx600 V2
    G.Skill Ripjaw 4gb (2x2gb)
    500gb hard drive
    HAF 912 Case

    My resolution is 1920x1080 and I will be play games like GTA IV, Minecraft, Crysis 2, Just Cause 2.
  4. Well the GTX560ti is faster than the 6870.So if you had to choose between those I would go with the GTX560ti.

    But don't expect much from GTAIV.That game is known to have lots of bugs and errors.It is possible that you won't see any improvement over your current GPU playing that game.

    What is your acutal budget for the GPU?
    What is the make/model of your PSU?
  5. purple stank said:
    Well the GTX560ti is faster than the 6870.So if you had to choose between those I would go with the GTX560ti.

    But don't expect much from GTAIV.That game is known to have lots of bugs and errors.It is possible that you won't see any improvement over your current GPU playing that game.

    What is your acutal budget for the GPU?
    What is the make/model of your PSU?

    I ordered this PSU yesterday. My budget is $200 the galaxy 560 ti is $190 with rebates. Right now I have only played pc games with integrated intel hd 3000 graphics.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028&cm_re=cx600-_-17-139-028-_-Product
  6. Well for the money that GTX560ti is really a good deal.
    How much is it before the rebate?

    Also just thought I would warn you, that PSU is a good PSU but it's only capable of producing 480watts on the 12/v.So you can't Crossfire or SLI with it.
  7. purple stank said:
    Well for the money that GTX560ti is really a good deal.
    How much is it before the rebate?

    Also just thought I would warn you, that PSU is a good PSU but it's only capable of producing 480watts on the 12/v.So you can't Crossfire or SLI with it.


    I probably won't crossfire but if I do I also need to get a better motherboard because mine doesn't support it, but I don't think I will crossfire. So is it all good?
  8. Yah,just keep it in mind tho if you do decide to Crossfire/SLI and want to use that PSU.

    Yes the GTX560ti is the best card for the money.
    Goodluck.
  9. purple stank said:
    Yah,just keep it in mind tho if you do decide to Crossfire/SLI and want to use that PSU.

    Yes the GTX560ti is the best card for the money.
    Goodluck.

    Someone in another thread said I should get the 6950 1gb which is the same upfront but $223 after rebate. Should I go with it?
  10. Look at Jack's post above.

    The GTX560ti O.C. version is better than the 2G version of the 6950 and even the 6970.The GTX560ti is a really good card for the money your getting it for.I'd stick with the GTX560ti.
    The Galaxy version isn't the best but it does looks like it can provide adequte cooling for a moderate O.C.
  11. purple stank said:
    Look at Jack's post above.

    The GTX560ti O.C. version is better than the 2G version of the 6950 and even the 6970.The GTX560ti is a really good card for the money your getting it for.I'd stick with the GTX560ti.
    The Galaxy version isn't the best but it does looks like it can provide adequte cooling for a moderate O.C.


    What about the Evga version?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604&cm_re=560_ti-_-14-130-604-_-Product
  12. The Evga version is a good card too but I think the Galaxy version has a better heatsink.You can easily O.C. the Galaxy card past the Evga's clocks.

    If I had to choose between them I would get the Galaxy
  13. I went with the Galaxy version bc the heatsinks look badass but it's also 30 bucks or so less than the EVGA one, I ordered it yesterday... waiting on it to get here. Will let yall know how it works out :)
  14. Alright...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx EVGA Radeon Graphics Product