Solved

Heavy Home and Business Use Under 400 bucks build

Worked up this new PC build for myself, I would like some feedback on parts etc.

Will be used for:

Word,Excel,Converting Video and burning DVD'S and CD's , Internet, lots and lots of Internet research,watching news videos, and training videos, streaming TV Shows and watching movies, also listening to Music as well.

Do not Need :

OS
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers
Monitor
Case

Budget for Build is Under 400.00 for the needed Components.

Will be using Windows XP x64 as OS

Purchasing through New Egg Only

New Build Consists of :

Motherboard

ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz, Dual-Core) Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

Cpu

On Board 1.6 AMD Dual Core, Overclocked to 2.0 GHz

Video Card

On Board AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics

Memory

Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory

Total of 8Gig

Hard Drive

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3-BK 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

60GB , SATA III , SandForce SF-2200 , Up to 80,000 IOPS

Power Supply:

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power Power Supply

DVD Burner

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04

Grand Total: $349.94
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about heavy home business bucks build
  1. Best answer
    that should be an adequate office PC for basic word processing and web browsing, including video. I wouldn't push it to do much more. I'd also suggest Windows 7 Home 64 bit over XP 64. Its much better on memory and CPU overhead than XP.
  2. Are you okay with 60GB total for hard drive? You may want to invest in 1TB they can be found for around $50-60 like Samsung Spinpoint F3 :3
  3. Already have an External drive for storage , the SSD will be for Programs, OS, etc. Not for mass Storage.

Thanks,

Steve
  4. Chose XP x64 because I have it and it is only like 600mb.

Thanks for your Input, I appreciate it

Steve ~
  5. I shuddered at the idea of converting video on that CPU. Are you sure you can't stretch the budget just a little to accommodate something with a bit more oomph? I really think the machine is underpowered for what you're looking to use it for.
    Even modern web and multimedia content - flash, HD video, etc - may struggle with that processor, even overclocked.
  6. Converting Video will be slower, but I do very little of it anymore so all else should be fine.

Thanks
  7. I would like to know if this Build is a sound decision based on usage and parts selected.

Thanks
  8. Best answer selected by sdep777.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems