FORGOT PASSWORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

meadtlcflorida

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
I HAVE A LINKSYS WRT54G ROUTER AT OUR VACATION RENTAL. FOR SOME REASON WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT WIRELESS OR WITH A ETHERNET CORD THE ROUTER DOES NOT SHOW UP, BUT IF I GO INTO THE MAINTAIN CONNECTIONS I CAN MOVE IT UP THE LIST. WHEN I TRY TO LOOK FOR WIRELESS AVAILABLE, IT IS NOT THERE.

ALSO HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH PRINT SPOOLING AS THE SYSTEM GOT RID OF BOTH MY PRINTERS, THEY ARE NOT EVEN INTHE CONTROL PANEL ANY MORE AND NOT IN THE RECYCLE BIN

ALSO THOUGHT I WOULD DO A RESTORE AND THE ONLY RESTORE POINTS IN THE LIST IS YESTERDAY. THEY ARE NOT IN THE RECYCLLE BIN EITHER TO RETRIEVE.

HAVE SPENT ABOUT 10 HOURS TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT WHILE GETTING A LOW SIGNAL FROM NEIGHBOR BUT IT DOES NOT ALWAYS LET ME ON THE NET TO LOOK UP INFO TO FIXX MY PROBLEM.

I GOT NO ORIGINAL RESTORE DISC WHEN PURCHASED THIS LAPTOP FROM HP, DV7 1020US EVEN HAD TO REPLACE MY HARD DRIVE 3 MONTHS OUT OF WARRANTY. AND THE COMP GUYS SAY, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN HP DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT AS I HAD WORK DONE UNDER WARRANTY JUST BEFORE I MEAN JUST BEFORE THE DRIVE WENT OUT. THEY OF COURSE WOULD NOT HELP OUT IN ANY WAY.. TOO BAD SO SAD.... COMP TECHS SAY TO PURCHASE A ASEUS NEXT TIME.

I NEED THIS UP AND RUNNING ASAP AND AM NOT A COMP PERSON AT ALL AND I MEAN AT ALL.
ALL I DID WAS RUN ALL THE VIRUS TOOLS I HAD ALONG WITH COMCASTS, WINDOWS, AND MALWAREBITES AND EVE THE LITTLE MR. FIX IT ON THE MICROSSOFT WEB SITE.

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP, I CAN NOT AFFORD ANOTHER COMPT BILL AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFEE.

I AM TRYING TO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT, PLEASE EMAIL ME HOW TO FIX MY MESS MEADTLCFLORIDA@CHARTER.NET

BY THE WAY I ALSO HAVE A NICE "N" ROUTER IT IS A DLINK DIR 615 I TRIED IT AND I CAN NOT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD, I THINK THIS IS A NEWER ONE THAN THE LINKSYS WRT54
I ALSO HAVE MY MOMS ROUTER IT IS A SCIENCE ATLANTA WITH ONLY ONE EITHERNET PORT AND ONE USB PORT A CABLE SCREW ON PLACE, POWER AND A RESET AREA.

PLEASE HELP I WOULD SURELY APPRECIATE IT , I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE FRUSTRATION I CAN TAKE AFTER ALL THE HOURS I PUT IN TO TRY MYSELF

ALSO HAD MY DENT FIXED BY A GUY WHO BROUGHT IT BACK TODAY AND LOOKS LIKE A KINTERGARDNER PAINTED MY CAR! MAKES ME SICK TO STOMACH, JUST ANOTHER PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH .

First of all please use lower case letters. Using UPPER case is seen as shouting and considered impolite.

Second what type of internet connection do you have?

the Science Atlanta is considered a cable modem which usually would connect to a router.

forgetting you password for the routers is not a problem. If worst comes to worst, there is a reset button on the back of the router which after been pressed for 30 sec will reset the router to manufacturer default.

If you have a cable internet connection, I would connect the modem, turn it on, and check the lights on the modems. Usually you get Power and cable light up. Then connect the laptop via network cable to the modem and see if you can connect to the internet.

If you can, take one of your routers, connect it to the modem instate of the laptop, and reset the router to manufacturer default. Now connect the laptop to the router via network cable and check if it works.

If you still have internet connection, go online and download the manual for your router to setup your wireless and wireless security.

Status
Not open for further replies.