Which graphic card to go for?????

Is it worthing buying a gtx 560 rather than gtx 460?????
plzz help
thnx
25 answers Last reply
More about which graphic card
  1. Yes it's worth it.GTX 560 is faster than GTX 460
  2. any other graphic card btr in this range only?????
    thnx
  3. 6870 is also good and is slightly faster than GTX 560
  4. Mr prady, what resolution is your monitor and what games are you playing?
  5. Its 1680X1050 and i am playing games like gta4......
  6. GTA IV benefits from a quad core CPU,so make sure your CPU is adequate
  7. my cpu is core i5 760 quad core @ 2.8ghz 8 mb cache.......plz tell me will it run smooth in gtx 560?????
  8. Yep,you'll be fine
  9. thnx a lot brother
  10. i have a psu of 550 watt.....will my gtx 560 ti graphic card run on it??????
  11. What's the model of your PSU ?
  12. Like Maziar already said the 6870 is a pretty good choice as well.

The 6870 uses around 140W idle and 320W with load.
    The 560 uses around 150W idle and 360W with load.
  13. Its quantum.....
  14. Couldn't find it anywhere,it's not a reputable brand.I recommend upgrading it to a 500-600W PSU from brands like Corsair,Coolermaster,seasonic,antec etc.
  15. hey brother i have got a cooler master psu of 350W and my graphic card is working fine with it but the only thing i can find is that my psu is heating very much...........am i ok with it or is there and problem???????
  16. 350W isn't enough for either of those cards.Like I said definitely upgrade to a 450W+ PSU
  17. bit it is running fine on 350W Cooler master psu?????but heating up.......is there any problem???????
  18. What is heating up ? your PSU or the GPU ?
  19. When i touch my smps from the very back side of it where the power cable is inserted that portion is too damn hot that its difficult to hold down for more than 3-4 scnds......amd gpu i have not checked.....but as it is written on the box that it will work on min 500W then how come it is working upon just 350W smps??????
    Plz explain
    Thnx.....
  20. GanX said:
    Like Maziar already said the 6870 is a pretty good choice as well.

The 6870 uses around 140W idle and 320W with load.
    The 560 uses around 150W idle and 360W with load.

Your power figures for both cards are way off, a single GTX560 uses nowhere near 360w under load as two of them would have melted my PSU by now if they did! :lol:
    Anonymous said:
    When i touch my smps from the very back side of it where the power cable is inserted that portion is too damn hot that its difficult to hold down for more than 3-4 scnds......amd gpu i have not checked.....but as it is written on the box that it will work on min 500W then how come it is working upon just 350W smps??????
    Plz explain
    Thnx.....

The hot air and heating up of your 'smps' is a sure sign that it's being run a maximum, do not be surprised if it goes 'pop'.
  21. Ok but tell me that should i buy a smps of 550 W or should i countinue with 350W??????
  22. If I were you I would be looking to get a better 550 or 600w PSU now rather than later.
  23. Thnx bro i have ordered for a new 550W psu......
  24. Let us know if all goes well
  25. hey i was not available with 550w in the market so inspite of that i got a 500w psu......my max temp of graphic card show by the software called "cpu id hw monitor" is 72 c........is it ok???????
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics