Sign in with
Your question

Laptop upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
October 26, 2011 8:30:19 PM

Hello,

I own a Toshiba Satellite A110 laptop:

http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?section=1&group=223&product=6072

The laptop is currently running a Celeron M 400 processor with 2 GB of ram(max capacity) under windows 7. I run 3-4 programs at a time on it and it lags. I would like to upgrade the CPU. I was wondering if an Intel Core 2 Duo t5600 would be compatible with the system. I tried looking up information for it from the manufacturers website but found conflicting information -they were not sure if the Bios would support or if the laptop would have adequate cooling. I am looking for help on this matter from the experts. If said processor is not supported could you also recommend something else I could purchase off the used market in its place (ebay Canada will be most likely avenue).

I also realize it is fairly old and I should probably buy a new computer but I can't afford one right now. I am of average experienced when it comes to computers but have rebuilt some systems in the past. I plan to do the upgrade very cautiously:D .

Thank you for the help

More about : laptop upgrade

a b à CPUs
October 26, 2011 8:37:12 PM

your best bet would be to look up that model number and find the top CPU sold with it.
m
l
!