Sign in with
Your question
Solved

V6 coolermaster questions

Last response: in CPUs
October 26, 2011 9:38:43 PM

i need a full tower cause my mid tower is just a oven right now.. so im ganna get the haf 932 case.. my question is will i have to add thermal paste to my cpu/cpu cooler (v6 cpu cooler) if i am ganna take it off to put in another case... i dont plan on using another cooler or a different chip.

thank you!

p.s it will be a hastle for me to get my v6 cooler out because i didnt put it in my brother did and i cant seem to get to the mounts on the board... but when i looked at the back there was some screws back there... i havent messed with it yet because i dont have the case yet.. so anyone that has a v6 coolermaster could you please tell me how to get it out?

More about : coolermaster questions

Best solution

a c 103 à CPUs
October 26, 2011 9:49:01 PM

If you don't take the cooler off (you don't need to if you are moving the motherboard and CPU to the new case) then no just leave it, but if you are removing the cooler from the CPU then you will need to apply new paste (and clean off the old stuff).
October 26, 2011 9:50:57 PM

Other then laziness is there a reason you cant thoroughly clean and re-apply paste? I say...why risk it. You have the cpu off, the cooler out, there is no more perfect time to do this! If I have this opportunity I always take it.
m
l
Related resources
October 26, 2011 9:51:02 PM

yeah thats what i was ganna do try getting it out without removing the cooler.. thanks alot brotha!
m
l
October 26, 2011 9:52:31 PM

slcmike said:
Other then laziness is there a reason you cant thoroughly clean and re-apply paste? I say...why risk it. You have the cpu off, the cooler out, there is no more perfect time to do this! If I have this opportunity I always take it.

if i knew how to remove this v6 cooler i would. look again at the bottom part and see if you can give me a answer. if not ill look the manual up online. thanks!
m
l
October 26, 2011 9:58:47 PM

Best answer selected by shadowsfall111.
m
l
!