P8P67 new computer, 3 LED lights flashing on MoBo

Jason_CA

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Greetings,

I have recently purchased a P8P67 Pro MoBo to build a new computer. I have managed to plug everything together, but once i started my computer, there was no beep, the monitor screen stayed black (meaning I can't access BIOs), and the VGL, CPU and DRAM red LEDs were flashing. The entire system would also reboot after 2-3 seconds, before it actually starts up and shows the previously listed symptoms. After verifying that everything was well plugged, I am still unsuccesful in starting it up.

Things I've tried so far:
-Moving ram around the different latches, and using only 1 ram instead of 2.
-Resetting CMOs using jumper

For those who wonder, my power supply was plugged to the 4-8 pin 12v socket on the MoBo.

Please help! Early thanks for your consideration!

Computer build:
MoBo: ASUS P8P67 Pro REV3.0
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)
PSU: Corsair TX750 V2 750W
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti Fermi 900MHZ

Jason_CA

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hey Outlander, thank you for the quick reply.

I read everything over again, and the manual only says that "if an error is found, the LED next to the error device will continue lighting until the problem is solved." However, I cannot see any mistake I could have made while installing the parts together. Everything just seems to be wired correctly.

I don't have much experience with computer building yet (this is my first attempt) and thus, breadboarding is a new term to me. However, if I only power on the MoBo along with the CPU, only the DRAM red LED stays on (and only that LED, while considering the fact that no RAM is actually attached). Perhaps I should also mention that it doesn't flash, but remains solid red.

Maybe there's a problem with my MoBo or CPU?