P8z77-v pro, ssd caching?

BlizzardGamer

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Hey, Im wondering that does p8z77-v pro motherboard have ssd caching feature? Im planing to buy SSD for that purpose only.
Deluxe motherboard has it said in the asus website but I think its releated to the fact that Deluxe comes with mSata (mini ssd) integrated to the motherboard that it uses for ssd caching. If I remember reading right, p8z77-v pro might have the ssd caching also if one would connect the ssd to one of the white fast 6GB/s sata ports, then doing some tricks durning the windows install or after it. I cant recall it perfectly but might have been deluxe or pro motherboard. Need a double check on this.

The OCZ work either way -- Intel or Dataplex; they work the same way.

As @Nikorr and I suggest, it's a hell of a lot better to use a dedicated SSD for the OS, Apps and 'working' Data.

What a lot of hardcore games do is to purchase (2) two SSD's: 1. OS/Apps/Working data and 2. Steam dedicated SSD. The cool thing with a Steam dedicated SSD is that you can unplug the SSD and simply move it to another PC. In gaming the only advantages to an SSD are reduced load times and the occasional reduced time mini-saves (often as stutters).

note: BF3's mini-saves/stutters are indeed still present eben on an SSD.

TRENDING THREADS